WGSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

melissabright

WGSB

Post by melissabright »

Hi, new to the forum and this is my first post so apologies if i go over old ground. Disappointed son in my house tonight to not have got his first choice of Wilmington Grammar for Boys. I see there are a few others in the same boat :( I will add son to waiting list and appeal so I guess its just a waiting game but does anyone have any experience of this or know if KCC can give me any information as to where he may sit on waiting list?
salsa

Re: WGSB

Post by salsa »

melissabright wrote:Hi, new to the forum and this is my first post so apologies if i go over old ground. Disappointed son in my house tonight to not have got his first choice of Wilmington Grammar for Boys. I see there are a few others in the same boat :( I will add son to waiting list and appeal so I guess its just a waiting game but does anyone have any experience of this or know if KCC can give me any information as to where he may sit on waiting list?
Welcome to the forum!
Mrs Owen at Wilmington Boys is very nice and can provide valuable information. KCC will maintain the waiting list until the second round of allocations and then, it will be passed to the schools for them to manage.
Do read previous threads as Wilmington freezes the waiting list until the appeals are heard. There has been great controversy as to whether this is legal or not, but that's what they've done in previous years. So, do appeal. Mrs. Owen can provide you with the number of successful appeals in the past 5 years.

Best of luck!

Salsa
Happydayz

Post by Happydayz »

melissabright wrote:Hi, new to the forum and this is my first post so apologies if i go over old ground. Disappointed son in my house tonight to not have got his first choice of Wilmington Grammar for Boys. I see there are a few others in the same boat :( I will add son to waiting list and appeal so I guess its just a waiting game but does anyone have any experience of this or know if KCC can give me any information as to where he may sit on waiting list?

Hi

My son is in the same boat. He missed on WGSB and Gravesend Grammar despite being in the catchment area for both (New Ash Green). Do you mind if I ask where you live? Trying to work out how far out they got before reaching full capacity!!
melissabright

Post by melissabright »

Thanks for the info Salsa. Will contact Mrs Owen but I assume there may be may be movement from people not accepting places in the second round, and this would be prior to the school freezing list?
melissabright

Post by melissabright »

Feel for you Happydayz especially being in catchment! We are just OCC but have come out this far in previous years.
salsa

Post by salsa »

melissabright wrote:Thanks for the info Salsa. Will contact Mrs Owen but I assume there may be may be movement from people not accepting places in the second round, and this would be prior to the school freezing list?
Yes, do wait for the second round first.

Salsa
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now