KCC test in France

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
eleven

KCC test in France

Post by eleven »

Very soon KCC will expect OCC candidates (London Kids) to take their test in France. Disgraceful.
doodles

Re: KCC test in France

Post by doodles »

Well this should definitely start a debate :shock: Do you have a link or further information on this? There must be some background info!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
eleven

Post by eleven »

doodles wrote:Well this should definitely start a debate :shock: Do you have a link or further information on this? There must be some background info!
Dear Mrs xxxxxx
Kent Test – Saturday 8 September 2018
I am writing to you because you have registered Xxxxx to take tests for admission to a Kent grammar school.
The tests will take place at Chatham & Clarendon Grammar School, Chatham Street, Ramsgate, Kent, CT11 7PS on Saturday 8 September 2018.
Please ensure that Xxxxxx arrives by 9.15am at the latest and no earlier than 8.45am, when registration will take place. The tests will begin at 10am...........

We cannot offer anyone an alternative to the allocated test centre because of the very high number of children taking the test on the day. If you wish to withdraw from the Kent Test please reply to this email.

A deterrent for Londoners? smh
doodles

Post by doodles »

So not France then :wink:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
eleven

Post by eleven »

doodles wrote:So not France then :wink:

My point is ... why send a child all the way there to do a test when their likely interest is Dartford or Wilmington Grammar.
I know this has happened for at least 2 consecutive years to London children.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Perhaps it as simple as that there's no space at nearer test centres.

Whereabouts are you, if you are quite close to the Kent/London borders then the motorway link down to Ramsgate isn't too bad, especially early Saturday morning. It's not ideal but is doable. Perhaps try a practice run. The train links are also an option.
Last edited by doodles on Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Gosh, that's a long way away. What part of London are you in? Will you get a B&B/ hotel room in Ramsgate for the night before?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Sorrel wrote:Gosh, that's a long way away. What part of London are you in? Will you get a B&B/ hotel room in Ramsgate for the night before?
Whereas my experience of Ramsgate more than thirty five years ago when DH worked there for a while was that it was, to put it politely, a bit of a dump, which all but closed from October to June, I believe that in the interim it has benefited no end by being discovered by the trendy and so there must surely be one or two nice little boutique hotels there by now?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

ToadMum wrote:
Sorrel wrote:Gosh, that's a long way away. What part of London are you in? Will you get a B&B/ hotel room in Ramsgate for the night before?
Whereas my experience of Ramsgate more than thirty five years ago when DH worked there for a while was that it was, to put it politely, a bit of a dump, which all but closed from October to June, I believe that in the interim it has benefited no end by being discovered by the trendy and so there must surely be one or two nice little boutique hotels there by now?
We stayed in a hotel there for a weekend about ten years ago and it was quite nice. It's definitely not a quick train journey so I think you'd need to.
eleven

Post by eleven »

Sorrel wrote:
ToadMum wrote:
We stayed in a hotel there for a weekend about ten years ago and it was quite nice. It's definitely not a quick train journey so I think you'd need to.
Staying in a B&B/Hotel should not be necessary. It’s not an open day for a tertiary education institution.
Perhaps it’s about Kent plc, helping the local businesses
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now