Now that Kent test for IC and OOC is over...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Taraific

Re: Now that Kent test for IC and OOC is over...

Post by Taraific »

KentbridgeDad wrote:They did not allow my DD to take clear pouch with (pencil + sharpner+ eraser) and said it will be provided. The item were indeed provided but eraser was to be shared between 2 kids. Not a great thing when it is time bound exam. was the same done for other schools as well?

Cheers,
KD
Fortunately not, KD. My DD was allowed her clear pencil case in with her. She (understandably) had to leave her bag at the front of the classroom. They all got their own tables so no sharing here.
Oguledoen

Post by Oguledoen »

Guest55 wrote:
Oguledoen wrote:DD said spatial reasoning was though just like I expected but she felt the rest were somewhat ok - pitched slightly about level 5 approach 6
The 'levels' went three years ago and a student would not be able to judge this accurately anyway.
A level 6 maths question is level 6 any where. E.g. When percentage goes beyond the basics it encroaches into level 6 territory. It depends on how a child is tutored. They should know when basic ratio / percentage question goes beyond what they are taught in school. Most schools pitch at level 4 or slightly above by end of year 5.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

As G55 says there are no levels anymore and the National Curriculum changed massively in 2014, now includes elements of previous KS3 material and based on greater depth understanding if the subject.
mystery

Post by mystery »

If a school just teaches a child their interpration of the bog-standard maths required by the new national curriculum in years 4 and 5, they are not as prepared for some of the GL questions in the Kent GL maths test as they would have been in they were being taught level 5/6 material in the old NC in year 5.
skilfullzeus

Post by skilfullzeus »

My son said OK too, "not harder than the GL free sample papers. " :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now