Cheating parents send older siblings to take 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest55

Re: Cheating parents send older siblings to take 11+

Post by Guest55 »

Sally-Anne wrote: Questions start to be asked, but when a child has been in the school for a couple of terms, emotional welfare does play a part when considering if the place should be withdrawn.
Isn't the emotional welfare of letting them remain and struggle for 5 more years worse? I know of some terrible consequences of that ...
Amber

Post by Amber »

mystery wrote: Amber you forgot the possibility of matching DNA from stools as for dogs in Barking parks.
And of establishing paternity in cases like this one:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-45709399" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My annual suggestion to read 'May Contain Nuts' by John O' Farrell in which a mother takes the 11+ for her child:
There must be a way of covering up this ageing face, I thought. David and I had toyed for a while with the idea of making me a devout Muslim girl...Who would have the courage to tell me to take a Muslim headdress off?...And then I realised that I would have to say who I was in order to register for the exam, and that the name 'Molly Chaplin' didn't sound particularly Saudi Arabian. (p131-2)
mystery

Post by mystery »

mmm establishing paternity in that particular case looks a little tricky!

Did you read about the man who found out he was from donated sperm and has found gazillions of half-siblings through genes reunited?

Now that makes me think of other ways to produce children who would have a high chance of aceing the exams. Sorry, had to put in that last sentence as I think I'm going off topic.
thickasabrick

Post by thickasabrick »

Now you are all getting a bit ridiculous,

Photos are useless particularly if they are of a sibling. Pictures signed by HT or another trustworth person - who is going to verify all those signatures?

Genetic testing will take too long and be too costly.

All kids should be microchipped at birth so there can never be any confusion. Works for dogs!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The CSSE does it differently - those turning up to take the exam have their photo taken on arrival at the test centre. The photos are then held until some point after the beginning of the autumn term, so it can be confirmed that the child who starts in year 7 is the one who sat the entrance exam.

As for it not being fair on the child, who obtains their place fraudulently, to 'punish them for the sins of their parents' by taking their place away after they have started, it's definitely not fair on the child who should have got that place, but was denied it as a consequence of the actions of those parents.

Of course, it's always possible that the child whose place the parents are so desperate to secure would actually have done well enough to get in off their own bat. In which case, do they feel cherished, because their parents were willing to go to such lengths to achieve their prize - or right royally hacked off at mummy and daddy's obvious lack of faith in their capabilities?

If it's a minor issue, not worth expending time, energy or money to crack down on, why do folks spend so much of the same in their attempts to get their DC into grammar school?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
timothylewin

Post by timothylewin »

has finger printing been discussed on this thread? If there was will to stamp it out by local councils, then I am sure it wood have been know.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now