Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:47 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:29 pm
Posts: 22
Any one know what is DGS cut off score for OOC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:38 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 8062
Location: Essex
ruchita20 wrote:
Any one know what is DGS cut off score for OOC


If you mean, 'What will be the lowest score to get in?', no-one will know that until March 1st.

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:29 pm
Posts: 22
ToadMum wrote:
ruchita20 wrote:
Any one know what is DGS cut off score for OOC


If you mean, 'What will be the lowest score to get in?', no-one will know that until March 1st.



Thankyou ToadMum.. But someone said for this year 387.. So i thought in this forum someone might know about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:44 pm
Posts: 63
Location: London Borough of Bexley
ruchita20 wrote:
ToadMum wrote:
ruchita20 wrote:
Any one know what is DGS cut off score for OOC


If you mean, 'What will be the lowest score to get in?', no-one will know that until March 1st.



Thankyou ToadMum.. But someone said for this year 387.. So i thought in this forum someone might know about it.


That would have been figure from last March 1st.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:56 am
Posts: 212
As posted on another thread, cut off last year was 384 in March and it barely budged after that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:44 am
Posts: 6
Can we see how far out DGS went last year? I live near Petts Wood about 7.5mi from DGS. My DD's score might be enough to get us in but wondering if our distance from DGS would be a problem?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:56 am
Posts: 212
pw23231 wrote:
Can we see how far out DGS went last year? I live near Petts Wood about 7.5mi from DGS. My DD's score might be enough to get us in but wondering if our distance from DGS would be a problem?


Distance would only matter if you're on the boundary for score - so say you got 384 for 2018 intake (the March cut off), but 6 boys with the same score lived closer and got the last places. Because Dartford is close to London and oversubscribed, you do have lots of boys with the same score. If your son's score is well above the cut off it won't matter.

Sorry - reading again I see you were talking about DGGS but the principle's the same I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:44 am
Posts: 6
Ah thanks so much, this helps. She got a 385 so sounds like we might not have a great chance. We are on the cusp and far away. At least I know how it works now, thanks! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:29 pm
Posts: 22
I have emailed DGS for cut off score. Lets see what they come back to me. Will keep you update.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:56 am
Posts: 212
ruchita20 wrote:
I have emailed DGS for cut off score. Lets see what they come back to me. Will keep you update.


They won't know till March what it will be for this upcoming intake - it depends entirely on the scores of those who apply. 384 last time, dropping to some 383s on reallocation.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aminka78, LocalTWmum1, PettswoodFiona and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2018