Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

PanicMode

Re: Kent Test scores report 2018

Post by PanicMode »

Sorrel wrote:
PanicMode wrote:
Sorrel wrote:
Did Mr Wesson say anything about their estimates of how many of the 20 ooc places will go to siblings before distance kicks in? Would be good to know the chances of Orpington little brothers getting in: we're a lot further away than Sussex, but then if Orpington siblings don't get in, that would mean all the places are taken by Sussex and other non-named parish siblings, with no places on pure distance at all.
No, he didn't mention OOC sibling places - I rather thought that the sibling/staff children rule only applies within the inner area - but I could be completely wrong as I haven't studied it that closely. (We are about 150 m from the school and DS will have a sibling there). They were being very open and helpful so I'd call Mrs McIntosh in Admissions and I'm sure she can shed some light for you.
Thanks. They seem to have taken the full admissions policy document off the website but it did involve a sibling preference for ooc children too. My second son is in yr 5 now, so we don't know where things will be in a year's time, but I was curious. #1 son is really enjoying Skinners.
Just checked in the FAQs and the sibling and distance criteria apply to both inner and outer areas as long as you have the qualifying score.
Jim123

Post by Jim123 »

Thanks. They seem to have taken the full admissions policy document off the website but it did involve a sibling preference for ooc children too. My second son is in yr 5 now, so we don't know where things will be in a year's time, but I was curious. #1 son is really enjoying Skinners.[/quote]

Just checked in the FAQs and the sibling and distance criteria apply to both inner and outer areas as long as you have the qualifying score.[/quote]

Full criteria document here:
https://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/p ... 9-2020.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Jim123 wrote:Thanks. They seem to have taken the full admissions policy document off the website but it did involve a sibling preference for ooc children too. My second son is in yr 5 now, so we don't know where things will be in a year's time, but I was curious. #1 son is really enjoying Skinners.
Just checked in the FAQs and the sibling and distance criteria apply to both inner and outer areas as long as you have the qualifying score.[/quote]

Full criteria document here:
https://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/p ... 9-2020.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote]

Thanks both! Nice to still have a chance of a place for #2 anyway.
anxietykills

Post by anxietykills »

Looking at the Kent Test Score report on KCC Website, there's a 125% increase in the total number of applicants from last year, both IC as well as OOC.

Total 7407 to 16644 +124%
IC 5998 to 13978 +130%
OOC 1409 to 2666 +90%

OOC, I can imagine more OOC people are giving it a go. But for IC, I can't think of a reason why there numbers have more than doubled. Any guesses?

But if these numbers are correct, in my opinion this will surely drive up the cut-offs for both IC and OOC. How much, we'll only know in March.
PeppermintCreams

Post by PeppermintCreams »

In my London Borough there was a high birth rate for the 2007/2008 school year and they put on extra bulge primary school classes. One of the grammar schools is having a bulge class for the same cohort. I'm wondering if this was a national thing and not just local for my area?
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

It is a high birth rate year but virtually the same number of Kent children were found selective as last year (4641 vs 4650) and they pass the same percentage of the cohort. I suppose it's opt in so maybe more just did and didn't pass. There were more OOC children sitting the test and passing but most get places elsewhere.
spartialreasoning

Post by spartialreasoning »

anxietykills wrote:Looking at the Kent Test Score report on KCC Website, there's a 125% increase in the total number of applicants from last year, both IC as well as OOC.

IC 5998 to 13978 +130%
OOC 1409 to 2666 +90%

OOC, I can imagine more OOC people are giving it a go. But for IC, I can't think of a reason why there numbers have more than doubled. Any guesses?

But if these numbers are correct, in my opinion this will surely drive up the cut-offs for both IC and OOC. How much, we'll only know in March.
I think you are looking at the wrong tab in the 2017 spreadsheet, you should be looking at the last tab, titled "Kent test any assessment"

The 2017 total is 15917 which is a 4% increase
IC and OOC also increased by about the same percentage
anxietykills

Post by anxietykills »

spartialreasoning wrote:
anxietykills wrote:Looking at the Kent Test Score report on KCC Website, there's a 125% increase in the total number of applicants from last year, both IC as well as OOC.

IC 5998 to 13978 +130%
OOC 1409 to 2666 +90%

I think you are looking at the wrong tab in the 2017 spreadsheet, you should be looking at the last tab, titled "Kent test any assessment"

The 2017 total is 15917 which is a 4% increase
IC and OOC also increased by about the same percentage
Thanks spartialreasoning for pointing this out. Makes more sense now :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now