Kent Test scores report 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
LocalTWmum1

Re: Kent Test scores report 2018

Post by LocalTWmum1 »

Jim123 wrote:Overall average score over pass is up 4 points on last year.
Big moves from last year:
Down (Lower scores)
Maidstone girls
Maidstone boys

Up
Dartford Girls
Folkestone Girls
Tunbridge Boys
OOC

Some guesses
TOGS (in area) 371
TWIGGS governors 361
Hmmmm...which school do you mean by 'Tunbridge Boys' - TWGSB? Skinners? Judd? :?
Kitty1013

Post by Kitty1013 »

It’s hard to know what the uptake of OOC applicants will be. There were a lot of them this year!!
Last edited by Kitty1013 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim123

Post by Jim123 »

LocalTWmum1 wrote:
Jim123 wrote:Overall average score over pass is up 4 points on last year.
Big moves from last year:
Down (Lower scores)
Maidstone girls
Maidstone boys

Up
Dartford Girls
Folkestone Girls
Tunbridge Boys
OOC

Some guesses
TOGS (in area) 371
TWIGGS governors 361
Hmmmm...which school do you mean by 'Tunbridge Boys' - TWGSB? Skinners? Judd? :?
I'm trying to forecast super-selective cut off.
TWGSB is not super-selective.
From the data I think both Judd and Skinners cut off scores will rise.
It's hard to predict this year because of the huge increase in OOC passes and they dominate the higher (370+) scores so will depend how many of those move into the area to get a grammar school. My guess is both Judd and Skinners cut off rise by 4 points.
MummyMinion

Post by MummyMinion »

So my DD’s 371 in area for TGS is looking borderline. I thought it would be. Are these estimates for first round or do you think it may drop a little further once the reallocations settle down?
Jim123

Post by Jim123 »

MummyMinion wrote:So my DD’s 371 in area for TGS is looking borderline. I thought it would be. Are these estimates for first round or do you think it may drop a little further once the reallocations settle down?
First round estimates - and I could easily be wrong!! Second round / final waiting list should drift down a couple of points.
MummyMinion

Post by MummyMinion »

Thanks for doing this, and for your reassuring words. I’ll try to keep my fingers crossed and not worry too much.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Skinners is moving to a fixed score cut off: it'll be by distance for scorers over 360, with most of the places reserved for named parishes or a 3 mile radius. Goes to under 360 if there aren't enough over. Will be interesting to see the effect on Judd cut off scores.
Jim123

Post by Jim123 »

Sorrel wrote:Skinners is moving to a fixed score cut off: it'll be by distance for scorers over 360, with most of the places reserved for named parishes or a 3 mile radius. Goes to under 360 if there aren't enough over. Will be interesting to see the effect on Judd cut off scores.
You are right and the squeeze will be on Judd.
Skinners is moving to 140 in area places and 20 out of area places, with cut off score of 360 and then Sibling/Distance qualifier.

Although it the admissions criteria says they will fill in with scores lower than 360 if not enough apply, I would not expect that to happen and all the places to be filled with 360+ scores. This will mean some children with very high scores, but who live on the far side of the boundary will miss out, where last year they would have been given priority by their score.

Given Skinners normally first round triggers over 360, and the scores are up this year, I would expect a squeeze on Judd from very high scores further out in the skinners catchment area.
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

Jim123 wrote:
Sorrel wrote:Skinners is moving to a fixed score cut off: it'll be by distance for scorers over 360, with most of the places reserved for named parishes or a 3 mile radius. Goes to under 360 if there aren't enough over. Will be interesting to see the effect on Judd cut off scores.
You are right and the squeeze will be on Judd.
Skinners is moving to 140 in area places and 20 out of area places, with cut off score of 360 and then Sibling/Distance qualifier.

Although it the admissions criteria says they will fill in with scores lower than 360 if not enough apply, I would not expect that to happen and all the places to be filled with 360+ scores. This will mean some children with very high scores, but who live on the far side of the boundary will miss out, where last year they would have been given priority by their score.

Given Skinners normally first round triggers over 360, and the scores are up this year, I would expect a squeeze on Judd from very high scores further out in the skinners catchment area.
I was at Skinners for the open morning today. Mr Wesson said that they had 175 children apply last year as first choice places - but that this year is 'back to zero' so it's anyone's guess. He did say that they think it is unlikely that they will get 140 boys within the qualifiying area with qualifying scores applying, so that they will go below 360 for local Kent children. The 20 places for the 'out of area' basically is the same number of children that usually apply from Sussex - so that the squeeze will probably be on Sussex children trying to cross the border; there will be fewer children able to access the school from Hastings and Eastborne as happens now, and probably closer in to the school.....essentially he said that KCC are ensuring that West Kent grammar places go to West Kent children first...and then to those who are just the 'wrong' side of the border (ie in Sussex) as the school is only 3 miles from the county line.

As we are about 100m from the school, have a strong qualifying pass and DS will have a sibling there, luckily we shouldn't have to stress too much about a place this year, unlike when DS1 took the test!
Reena79

Post by Reena79 »

Going by the numbers above cutoff (OOC girls) in the last 3yrs, OOC TOGS cut off likely to be over 400.
404 or more I think :(
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now