ONE WEEK LEFT!!!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cindy

Post by cindy »

Hi Nofingernails, dad of kent and all,

first to nofingernails, I have the balaclavas ready and the hancuffs for your headteacher, and lie detector equiptment....

Dad of Kent, I have already been fleeced for a lap top last year for my Son, and agree, it is small cost to pay, I understand this year my daughter is after an
i phone? what ever that is?

Good Luck All

Cindyx
katel

Post by katel »

Give them the reward whether they pass or not - they did the work, they deserve it! Perhaps even more if they don't pass...

And please - I know it's hard - they not to think of this as the be all and end all - it's possible to do brilliantly without going to grammar school, you know.

Your children are all amazing - good luck!
nofingernailsleftmum

Post by nofingernailsleftmum »

Here Here Katel

Cindy - I tried them all. Alas, they didn't work. Had fun with the handcuffs though!!

My littleun will be getting a treat no matter what. It might not be a trip to Europe but I think she deserves a little something for having to wait around all this time! Plenty of hugs and cuddles too.
nofingernailsleftmum

By the way all - please keep in touch - we might want congratulating or consoling or maybe even a bit of advice.
nofingernailsleftmum

........ and I've got all this to do again next year! My baby will be sitting 11 plus next. Why do they have to grow up eh?

Does anyone know for sure that they'll be sitting it in September this year?
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Yes, I got my dd a mobile (pink of course) in October in advance as she had already started the papers etc. and to recognise the effort put in not to reward the result.
My ds has already clocked this and I'm sure cannot wait to remind us when his turn comes!
cindy

Post by cindy »

Hi nomorefingernails,

This site will go beserk on Monday if last year is anything to go by.
Help was in abundance, thus we got through on appeal with all this help.
My Christopher was one short and since going to grammer he has been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome.
Melanie is due her result on Monday, I am cautiously confident. Last year I knew of a girl who got in on appeal, either six or eight short accross the subjects.

I do hope I will be able to help, and not be asking for it myself...... :shock:

Cindyx
c'est la vie

Post by c'est la vie »

nofingernailsleftmum wrote:
Does anyone know for sure that they'll be sitting it in September this year?
There was so much opposition to early testing from all sources, including grammar schools that Kent have to refer the scheme to the Secretary of State for a decision.

So nothing is sure at the moment.
thewaiting isagony

Post by thewaiting isagony »

My husband is out buying our son a mobile phone as we speak, ready to hand over on Tuesday whatever the outcome.

We asked our son to knuckle down and focus on his work. He never complained about going to his tutor or the practice papers that we made him do over the christmas holidays. As far as we are concerned he did his best and thats what we asked of him, only on Tuesday will we know if that was enough!
twinmum

Post by twinmum »

i dont know what to do with myself at the moment! im getting quite stressed by the whole waiting thing and i have twins so its hard to see them trying not to compare theirselves to eachother but they do anyway added to that im so scared about dealing with hurt feelings if one pases and the other fails.

Thats the worst of it for me,i really dont see a failed 11+ as a life disaster or as something that will inevitably map out the future of my children and i dont understand some people who do.

For me having now spoken to a few excellent teachers in areas where the 11+ is no longer available i can see that an intelligent child will flourish in a decent comp with the right support but the stress im going through is because its twins.

If they both pass its fine,if they both fail its fine but if one passes and the other doesnt its going to be painful and i dont want that but then again i know they are individuals and i treat them as such but i hate the thought of one hurting! I know theres still appeal but we have to get tuesday out of the way and the letters first,then if its a comp we are offered the school will give out the scores and advise us.

good luck everyone and think of me please i just dont want any hurt feelings xx