Score kent

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ileana01

Score kent

Post by Ileana01 »

Hi, Can anyone advise on where my Son can get with 346 score in Dartford schools or around.Any hope for that tks
ToadMum

Re: Score kent

Post by ToadMum »

Ileana01 wrote:Hi, Can anyone advise on where my Son can get with 346 score in Dartford schools or around.Any hope for that tks
https://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-c ... ary-201920
https://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/p ... s-2019.pdf

Are either of these any help?

Whether someone's DC can be offered a place at any state school depends on how s/he is ranked by the school against its published admissions criteria. So if a school admits, say, 150 DC purely in order of their score in a test and your DC has a score putting them at number 50, then all you have to do is name that school on your CAF above any other school for which they also qualify. For a school admitting on distance, living next door to the school, ditto.

However, admissions policies are rarely that straightforward, which is why schools and local authorities must publish how they intend to admit pupils, about 18 months ahead of when those pupils will move up to year 7, so that parents may make sensible plans.

If you find the schools you are interested in in the Kent CC documents, you can work out which school is most likely to offer a place.

Good luck :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Ileana01

Post by Ileana01 »

Tks for answer I am looking in Dartford Grammar and in Gravesend Grammar but I am a bit worried about the scor and I would like to know if someone got place tks

Post by 1971 »

Hi. I don't know about Gravesend, but on other threads it has been mentioned that the cut off score for Dartford last year was somewhere above 380, so your sons score is probably not high enough for there, unless other admissions criteria might give you an advantage. Wilmington boys which is near Dartford goes on location/distance not score so it might be an alternative depending on how far away you are.

Good luck to you both.
Ileana01

Post by Ileana01 »

Tks a lot .
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Do you live in or near either Dartford or Gravesend?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Ileana01

Post by Ileana01 »

I live in Bexleyheath the post code Is DA16 but if he can get a place st Grammar school we are ready for relocating.tks
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Ileana01 wrote:I live in Bexleyheath the post code Is DA16 but if he can get a place st Grammar school we are ready for relocating.tks
If relocating to qualify as In-County (IC) then check the last change of address date which is usually first week of December and also double check the admissions document and priority parish areas. You may also be asked to prove cut of ties with previous address.
hanaF

Post by hanaF »

346 might not be enough for Dartford (last year 358 IC according to Kent advice), so Wilmington may be a better bet if you move into its catchment, or you can move to Gravesham for Gravesend. Check admission policy and with Kent to see when you need to move and have he relevant paperwork by.) Good luck.
Ileana01

Post by Ileana01 »

Tks to everyone for answering , someone know about scores cuts from Gravesend Grammar and Wilmington Grammar school . I couldn’t find anything about that. Tks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now