Kent Grammar school from West Wickham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fiedi

Kent Grammar school from West Wickham

Post by Fiedi »

Does anyone know of any Kent grammars that offer out to West Wickham? My daughter got a score of 376.

Thanks in advance.
Thirdtimer3

Re: Kent Grammar school from West Wickham

Post by Thirdtimer3 »

I don’t think the schools admissions work like that - as in they don’t state how far they offer out to - the places will fill up depending on how many applicants they have and their admissions policy - Wilmington is named parishes and Dartford out of county scores have been higher than that but I’m not 100% sure about the girls as I have boys.

Are there any schools you particularly like ? Newstead has a 9 mile catchment but it’s a separate test but closer to you
I don’t know if any governor places are available in TGS for high scorers but did you have any schools in mind when your DD sat the test ?
I think it’s possible she could get in somewhere but it’s a big county and the schools all differ on their policies somewhat
Good luck
PettswoodFiona

Re: Kent Grammar school from West Wickham

Post by PettswoodFiona »

That's a great score Fiedi but as others have said it is may not be enough for the Kent schools that have a few spaces for OOC like Dartford and Tonbridge, it is impossible to tell at this stage as no one has submitted their CAFs and we don't know how popular these schools will be. You can search this site for information about past cut off scores. Other schools mostly go on defined parishes so you are unlikely to get them. Weald of Kent for girls has come out a long way and I know girls in Orpington who got places in the early summer off the waiting list but West Wickham is probably unlikely. If your DD got a mega score in the Kent test for Maths then I believe there are some Governor places at Wilmington for high scorers in the Maths element of the test but these are very very few places and as there are so few we don't tend to see anyone posting here. If you contact the admissions team there they will be be able to guide you. All the best
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now