Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Completing caf- asap?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:49 am 

Does it matter when we fill it in, as long as it's by the 31st Oct? I wondered if the application went in time order?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:50 am 

just submit when you are absolutely sure - there is no advantage to being early / late in the process.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:53 am 

No, in theory, it "just" has to be in by 31st October.

In practise, you should already have your school's listed in your true preference in your mind, from when you visited them. Results of a test may mean you cross off one or two, or that one or two you had on as "hopeful" are now a real possibility, but the fundamental list is still there.

Remember that it is an online form - the problem with "online" as we know, is that they can crash, espeicailly if lots of people are trying to do a similar thing at the same time!! I probably wouldn't leave it till the last minute....!!

Crossed with HM!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:18 am 

We have been asked to submit child benefit letter along with a form in sept (Bromley). I'd recommend you check what paperwork and supporting documents your council will need from you. For this reason alone, don't leave it until last minute.

Bromley admissions portal allows you to edit choices until the last day (I think), if that's the case with your council, I suggest you submit it asap with your choices and edit later if you want to change any of them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:10 pm 

Yes, last year I submitted the Bromley online form in mid Oct and then edited and resubmitted it a few times as we had second thoughts about schools and order. Bromley asks for copies of identity docs to be sent in via the primary school in July but if for any reason you haven't, you have a bit of extra time to submit them after 31 Oct.