Advice on Judd please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
aminka78

Advice on Judd please

Post by aminka78 »

Hello all! I am after some advice from experienced parents who have been through the process in the past.
DS has passed with a score of 350. He had set his heart on Judd.
Do you think it is a complete waste of time to keep it as first choice?

We live in the inner area for the school. Is it unheard of to get in with a score below 360?
LocalTWmum1

Re: Advice on Judd please

Post by LocalTWmum1 »

It's extremely hard for anyone to predict how low cut offs will go, even more so this year given Skinners' are giving priority to local boys too. I think previously Judd have come down to 361 on second round and Skinners' 359. I'd be tempted - if he loves the school - to put it as first choice, but think that realistically it's probably a stretch too far. What other schools are you planning on including on your SCAF? Were his scores surprisingly low, are you considering appeal?
aminka78

Post by aminka78 »

Thank you for your reply.
It's Latin he was really keen on learning and as far as we know only Judd and Skinners offer this.
I am tempted to list them first, but I do not think I would consider appealing.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

I don't think Skinners does Latin as such - there's a year of 'classics' but that's a mix of history and language and it stops after yr 7 I think. Are you in/ close to Tunbridge Wells? Skinners admission arrangements have changed and it's possible that having offered on distance for all the scorers over 360 in the inner area, they will go on distance for those scoring under 360.
Sevenoaks mum

Post by Sevenoaks mum »

Skinners have "Classics" in year 7 and 8 which is a mixture of Latin as a language and ancient Greek history. They don't offer Latin as a GCSE option. I don't know what Judd offer in terms of Latin, I suspect a bit more. I would imagine you have more chance of getting Judd with your score but who knows what impact the new Skinners catchment area will have on scores. Good luck
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now