Option for CAF - Weald or Tunbridge Well girls Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Chitterchatter

Re: Option for CAF - Weald or Tunbridge Well girls Grammar

Post by Chitterchatter »

I can't comment on TWGGS but my eldest is at Weald (main site) and I have nothing but praise. Pastoral care excellent, facilities are very good (new sports hall at the main site), they've just extended the canteen etc. lots of clubs. There is a new head and she seems to have lots of good ideas (ex-weald herself). We get lots of feedback each half term on how they are doing in reports. It is very much making sure that each child does the best that they can but also comes out as a well rounded person. I am always impressed how happy the children are when we visit the school. It has been the best choice of school for my daughter who has completely blossomed. Full year trip for a week to Wales to do various outdoor activities in year 8. My youngest has taken the 11+ this year and would definitely have got a place at TGS but having gone round the schools again she has chosen to go to Weald as well which we fully support- I know quite a few that are in the same position and have done the same. For Weald do bear in mind you have to do site allocation if you get it allocated but generally people seem to get the site they want. I don't know a lot about the annexe but I know those that are there love it. By 2019 the annexe will be half full as well with years 9-7 on site. It's so difficult when you are choosing between excellent schools. I definitely think you just get a feel for the one that is right for your child since they definitely have different ethos and goals.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now