I have just telephoned Kent Council Secondary admis at 16.16

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

Hi Grumpy and laid back ! lol

Thank you for your kind thoughts, I really dont know what I would have done this week without this forum!

I have drank copious amounts of wine ! I have been into Rehab and some of the posts there were amazing....... I cried buckets !

I have decided definately to try to rent in Rainham as I still havent found a house to buy and time is running out as my completion of my sale is due in May, so I ask anybody reading this to please let me know if your hear of any houses to rent in Rainham!

Have done appeal letter to Rainham Girls with help of some wonderful people here.

thanks all

you haven't slept, have you, kentmedwayborder? :lol:

But at least you have made some decisions and your Appeal letter. That helps move things along.

we were wondering why the stocks of Bo11y etc etc (even the plain old beer) have been depleted. was ready to blame Clever Chad from Berkshire but now...

Please come when you can to REHAB. we are just ordinary folks there, some who have le55 worries than others but a11 in need of REHAB. :lol:

Edit: Forgot to say that I did notice you addre55ed Grumpy Old Man and me together in your post.
I hope he does not think that you think that I am married to him. :shock:
kentmedwayborder

Post by kentmedwayborder »

Well I was eagerly awaiting Grumpy old man's reply but he seems to have missed my post lol

One of the teachers where I work saw me in my local co-op with said copious amounts of wine (and chocolate) in basket............ Monday should be fun !

I am sure Tescos will restock soon @-)

see you in rehab

xxxxx
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hi kentmedwayborder,

Just remembered where I last saw a reference to journey times.

The DCSF's recent guidance on school transport suggests a maximum travel time of 75 minutes each way for secondary age school children : http://publications.teachernet.gov.uk/e ... 3-2007.pdf
kentmedwayborder

Excellent, thank you Alex, I have printed out and added as reference to my appeal........its perfect!

I will also be asking KCC to do a risk assessment for journey for my DD .. they cant possibly say that it's safe!

KCC say they have fullfilled their legal requirement by offering a school and as my only other non selective choice was for Medway, they say I should take it up with Medway ! hands ....wash .... !

thanks again the link was great !
x
2nd time arround

Post by 2nd time arround »

Thank you Alex, I have also printed info off as I am in same position as medwayboardermum, my son passed his 11+ and was offered a grammar school 22 miles out of area !!! what a stressful time
2nd time arround

Post by 2nd time arround »

sorry kentmedwayborder not medwayboarder mum.
kentmedwayborder

thank you all again, have appealed but now concentrating on finding somewhere to live so havent been in here much!

house sale completes in may.....have not found anywhere to live yet!....home schooling hints from a tent anyone?!

x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now