Surprise results!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SARJAN

Surprise results!!!!

Post by SARJAN »

Although my dd has been accepted for grammar we received her results today and she acheived verbal 138 non verbal 125 and math 102! I am assuming she got in on Head teachers appeal. I am surprised as this seems a low math score and according to some posts head teacher appeals are neary imposs. Just goes to show how unpredictable the whole process can be i spose. We are still really pleased tho, she one of 2 going to grammer out of 24 that sat test., and the only girl. I just hope she does not struggle too much. We only did practice papers at home and I feel really chuffed as I am a single parent of two girls and have been for 9 years. I am glad to prove it can be done albeit with the support of school. I think all the kids that took these tests deserve our respect, it is an acheivment to even sit these tests and I wish everyone well for the future ***
nofingernailsleftmum

Post by nofingernailsleftmum »

well done to your little one sarjan and you too! i'm certain your dd won't struggle too much with your support x
SARJAN

Post by SARJAN »

the school have confirmed they did appeal on daughters behalf as thhey felt the math score was uncharacteristically low! We feel incredibly lucky. Needless to say we will continue to build on her maths skills...so she does not struggle.
chad

Post by chad »

Congratulations to your daughter Sarjan,

It is good to hear of a head's appeal that has succeeded. As the school said the Maths was 'uncharacteristically low' then with those scores I can not see your child struggling especially with your support.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

There was one successful HT appeal at my DD's school too. An uncharacteristic score in one paper. Congrats to your child Sarjan! :)
kentmedwayborder

Post by kentmedwayborder »

congratulations to you and your DD, so pleased for you......it's a difficult process but worth it in the end !

hugs

x
SARJAN

Post by SARJAN »

thank you for the positive replies. I wanted to show it can be done...good luck to all and best wishes ***
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now