Weald Sevenoaks - girls in Orpington, Petts Wood etc

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mrs Malaprop

Weald Sevenoaks - girls in Orpington, Petts Wood etc

Post by Mrs Malaprop »

Best of luck to everyone for Friday. I was in your shoes last year and remember the agony!

We live in Orpington and were fortunate enough to get our first choice of Weald from the waiting list (eventually - just before May half term). The offers finally went out into Petts Wood and Leesons Hill way and the parents have come together to organise a minibus service to get the girls to and from school each day (and to Tonbridge on the Tonbridge days). The company have said that they'd be happy to expand to take on next year's yr 7 girls as well - if anyone wants more info, feel free to ask or PM me.
PettswoodFiona

Re: Weald Sevenoaks - girls in Orpington, Petts Wood etc

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Excellent news, thanks for sharing this and well done to the parents who got the service running. I see it on Fairway in Petts Wood in the mornings and seems to be a very reliable service.
javathesnowman

Post by javathesnowman »

Is this bus still up and running?

Our daughter has just been offered a place at Weald for next September and we live in Locksbottom so this could work very well for us if it comes anywhere nearby...
BR6mum

Post by BR6mum »

Hi, yes it does still run. It’s a fantastic service and very well run. A lovely bunch of girls on the bus.
It runs through Petts Wood, along Crofton Lane, turning left at the mini roundabout to join Crofton Road and down to Orpington Station. There are then various stops through to Chelsfield. If you’re interested please let me or Mrs Malaprop know and we can refer you to the mini bus company.
Nevine123

Post by Nevine123 »

Hello BR6mum
My daughter has been offered a place at Sevenoaks site as well, she is on the waiting list for Tonbridge site, as we live in East sussex, but we don't know what will happen so I thought I would ask if the mini bus service can pick up girls from Sevenoaks train station?
BR6mum

Post by BR6mum »

The minibus doesn’t currently pick up from Sevenoaks Station. I can give you the details of the minibus company and they can advise if they have plans to?

Some Orpington girls currently get trains to Sevenoaks and jump on local buses from there which take them directly to WoK, so this would be a solution as well. I believe Go-Coach run a few buses from the station to serve both WoK and Trinity.
http://www.go-coach.co.uk/Timetable" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nevine123

Post by Nevine123 »

Thank you very much for getting back to me, I would appreciate if you could let me know the minibus company details to see their plans... I will have a look at the local buses from the train station but thought if something is arranged would be better.
May be mums of girls from East Sussex or those girls on the waiting list for Tonbridge site, if anyone is interested, may be we could arrange for something similar to get the girls from Sevenoaks train station to the school and the journey back everyday in case they end up going to the Tonbridge site..
FridayNightDinner

Post by FridayNightDinner »

Hi there. Just thought I'd mention that the Weald of Kent waiting list is now out to Petts Wood, just in case anyone is waiting on news.
GSAA

Post by GSAA »

We are in Petts Wood and got an offer last week. Decisions, can i ask if anyone has any more info on bus timetable and feedback from anyone with a DD at the Sevenoaks Annexe already? Thks.
BR6mum

Post by BR6mum »

The Minibus my daughter uses, runs from Petts Wood at about 7:25, getting to the Annexe for about 8:15. Very reliable private minibus service. There are about 15 girls from the current Year 7. I know they’ve had interest from new Sept parents. Let me know if you need the minibus company’s details and I can send them over.