Weald Sevenoaks - girls in Orpington, Petts Wood etc

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Kalai143

Re: Weald Sevenoaks - girls in Orpington, Petts Wood etc

Post by Kalai143 »

Mrs Malaprop wrote:Best of luck to everyone for Friday. I was in your shoes last year and remember the agony!

We live in Orpington and were fortunate enough to get our first choice of Weald from the waiting list (eventually - just before May half term). The offers finally went out into Petts Wood and Leesons Hill way and the parents have come together to organise a minibus service to get the girls to and from school each day (and to Tonbridge on the Tonbridge days). The company have said that they'd be happy to expand to take on next year's yr 7 girls as well - if anyone wants more info, feel free to ask or PM me.

Hi Mrs Malaprop,

Please could you share the contact details of private minibus service that runs from Orpington to WoK Sevenoaks annexe.

Many thanks xx
javathesnowman

Post by javathesnowman »

Thanks for the information on this.

We are currently on a waiting list as when I spoke to the minibus company and they told me that unfortunately the bus is currently full so they cannot add any new students to the route.

However, if they get enough interest they would consider adding a second bus to the route.

This seems reasonably likely as they currently have managed to fill one bus when the school only contains pupils from years 7 and 8 so the demand should increase for at least the next 3 years.

So if you are interested it would be a good idea to get in touch with them so they can get an idea of the demand (ideally with your postcode to help with route planning as I don't know if the second bus would follow the same route or not...)
BR6mum

Post by BR6mum »

For those interested, as I appreciate there have been quite a few enquiries. The minibus company is called Four Seasons Minibus Company. 01689 858262/ 07734 253141 / 07824 365660
Lgsdale

Post by Lgsdale »

Hi. I am new to the forum. My daughter is also due to start at the annexe although she is on the waiting list for the Tonbridge site. We are also in Easy Sussex and her morning journey is giving me a headache. The train she would catch at 7.27 means she would be in too late to catch the bus but I really don’t want to put her on an earlier train than that or she will be exhausted. So I am now considering a taxi each morning from the station!! At the end of the day she can catch the bus. If anyone is interested on sharing the morning taxi Fromm sevenoaks station to the school or has a better idea let me know. Also are you taking you girls in on the 4th August or letting them travel alone? Thanks.
Lgsdale

Post by Lgsdale »

Nevine123 wrote:Hello BR6mum
My daughter has been offered a place at Sevenoaks site as well, she is on the waiting list for Tonbridge site, as we live in East sussex, but we don't know what will happen so I thought I would ask if the mini bus service can pick up girls from Sevenoaks train station?
Whereabouts in East Sussex will your daughter be coming from? We are in Robertsbridge. I would be interested in finding something to get them from the station to school as the go-coach bus is too early for my daughter to get to.
Nevine123

Post by Nevine123 »

Hello Lgsdale
We are in the same situation, on the waiting list for Tonbridge site but trying to plan ahead if my daughter will end up going to Sevenoaks..
She will catch the train from Battle, I want her to get the 7:20 train not the earlier one as well, that's why I thought about the mini bus. I did contact them to ask if they can get the girls from the train station to the school but they are still thinking if they will add another minibus (as the current service is full) and if it will be cost effective for them to get some girls from the train station.. Will post update on the forum once they contact me again..
I was also thinking about a taxi and would be happy for my daughter to share one if the minibus plan does not work. I will travel with my daughter on the 4th of July so we will get an idea how long the journey will take and how could she do it from September..
Hope to see you on the information evening. Thanks
Lgsdale

Post by Lgsdale »

Nevine123 wrote:Hello Lgsdale
We are in the same situation, on the waiting list for Tonbridge site but trying to plan ahead if my daughter will end up going to Sevenoaks..
She will catch the train from Battle, I want her to get the 7:20 train not the earlier one as well, that's why I thought about the mini bus. I did contact them to ask if they can get the girls from the train station to the school but they are still thinking if they will add another minibus (as the current service is full) and if it will be cost effective for them to get some girls from the train station.. Will post update on the forum once they contact me again..
I was also thinking about a taxi and would be happy for my daughter to share one if the minibus plan does not work. I will travel with my daughter on the 4th of July so we will get an idea how long the journey will take and how could she do it from September..
Hope to see you on the information evening. Thanks
Great to know there is another girl so close to do the journey with. It is very daunting! The mini bus would be great. I will follow with interest. Thanks.
Nevine123

Post by Nevine123 »

It might be good idea to contact the mini bus company anyway as they said they will consider adding another mini bus if they find enough interest
Their details are : Four Seasons Minibus Company. 01689 858262/ 07734 253141 / 07824 365660
Thanks
Lgsdale

Post by Lgsdale »

I have e-mailed Four Seasons but they said there was not enough interest in a service from Sevenoaks station. I’m starting to feel quite anxious about the school journey each morning. I’m sure my daughter will get used to it but I think it will be pretty exhausting. The Tonbridge site is so much easier to get to.
Nevine123

Post by Nevine123 »

Hello Lgsdale
I have received the same reply from the mini bus company, I know few other girls travelling from Battle, Robertsbridge and one girl from Bexhill and we were thinking of a taxi picking the girls up from Sevenoaks train station. Please send me your number and I will keep you posted x.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now