Any current year 7 Judd parents here?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Twmum2018

Any current year 7 Judd parents here?

Post by Twmum2018 »

DS is really happy to get the offer from Judd, we are all very excited about September. A few questions to Judd parents:

After 15th March, will we receive some kind of “welcome pack” with instructions of the next steps from the school? If so, when should we expect that?

On Judd website, it saysg “Rugby Training - Before term begins in September, all boys, at whatever level of ability, are invited to rugby training. There are seven teams in Year 7, allowing a huge number of boys who wish to take part to do so.” Can anyone still remember the dates for this? Is it mandatory? As we are planning the summer holiday and need to book flight tickets soon before the price go up..

Thank you!
KHmummy

Re: Any current year 7 Judd parents here?

Post by KHmummy »

I’m at Year 11 parent. The rugby training session is optional, it’s a good opportunity for the boys to meet before the first day of school but is by no means compulsory. My son didn’t go to it as he had no interest in rugby and he’s done fine at the school although he still doesn’t like rugby and dropped it as soon as he could!

If I remember correctly you will receive a letter from the school with key dates etc, there will be an evening event where the boys go off to be introduced to the school and the parents get to meet each other. You’ll also be told about the school and Simmonds, the uniform provider attend.

Welcome to the Judd family, it’s a fabulous school.
Twmum2018

Post by Twmum2018 »

Thank you very much for the info.! That’s a relief to see that it seems your son enjoys school without being a rugby player! I was a bit worried about “fitting in” issue because my son certainly is not a rugby fan.
KentbridgeDad

Post by KentbridgeDad »

Twmum2018 wrote:Thank you very much for the info.! That’s a relief to see that it seems your son enjoys school without being a rugby player! I was a bit worried about “fitting in” issue because my son certainly is not a rugby fan.
My son is in year 11 as well and I want to share two points:
1. it is not necessary to play rugby at Judd., there are quite a few who don't play and they equally enjoy the school
2. You will be surprised how the kids change their preferences. When my son joined year 7 at Judd, he had never played rugby before and didn't want to do it either. But he gave it a try. In year 7 you have A to F 6 teams. He started with F team and kept going up and last couple of years playing for A team. You never know how kids at this age change but as mentioned he would be equally happy even if he didn't play rugby

Hope this helps.

Cheers
KD
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now