That Website

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
itsme:)

Post by itsme:) »

I'm concerned about the previous posters statement of inaccurate information, surely that should be filtered out, if not what can be trusted here?

On the original issue of links to Peters' site I could agree and understand the preference to keep commercial competition out, but when google ads for the same are on every page it seems a misjudged decision.

What would happen if Peter paid google adwords/sense and a link plus sales description was here? You could not stop that without affecting your google revenue.
Peter

Post by Peter »

I did pay google adwords for a while and my ad did appear at the bottom of the page, with a commercial commission going to the website. Then someone blocked it, presumably this website. Not sure why I am discriminated against!
patricia

Post by patricia »

Kent99 wrote:uot;]Umm... But the Kent specific information can't be found on this site can it? Instead there is a load of completely WRONG information on the Kent regional page! .
The information on the website is in the process of being changed. However it IS quite cleary on the forum, see the sticky at the top of the Kent section.
Kent99 wrote: Peter's site contains a lot of information on Kent tests, facts and figures and individual schools. It's not all about appeals. I found it very informative when choosing schools. .
Information on schools will be found on the individual schools websites.
dadofkent wrote:Much of this argument would be superfluous if the Kent regional information (presented by a business that charges for it services) was not so patently incorrect and misleading. Surely there has to be some room for compromise, particularly as Peter is reasonably complementary about elevenplusexams on his site.
As stated above, the regional advice on the website is being updated, information on the tests can be viewed in the sticky.
itsme:) wrote:I'm concerned about the previous posters statement of inaccurate information, surely that should be filtered out, if not what can be trusted here?

Links to outside commercial websites are not allowed as we cannot vouch for their accuracy. Information on a forum is the personal view of a member, if it is incorrect, generally someone will put it right. Thats is the nature of a forum, it is for discussion. We would always say, ensure you check your information with the relevant school.

I found this website 2 years ago, a member on the forum was providing totally incorrect information on Bucks [ I am a tutor in Bucks] I made it quite clear that the information was not relevant, I entered into a debate, which I won, because I KNOW what tests are required for Bucks. Peter can freely offer his advice on this forum, there is NOTHING stopping him doing so. There are many, many people who offer advice freely on this forum, including myself and the likes of Sally-Anne, Etienne, Guest55, Mike, all the other moderators and many many more. Not one of us is paid we all help in order to help others.

Peter can offer that same free advice if he wishes.

At this time it is against forum rules to advertise and Peters website is a commercial concern. I am going to lock this thread until such time the website owner can make a decision.

Patricia
patricia

Post by patricia »

Peter wrote:I did pay google adwords for a while and my ad did appear at the bottom of the page, with a commercial commission going to the website. Then someone blocked it, presumably this website..

Peter, you will have to provide proof of such an unsubstantiated remark!
Peter wrote:Not sure why I am discriminated against!

You have not been discriminated on this forum. If any one tries to link their commercial, profit making site to this forum it is rejected as being against forum rules.

There are many professionals who give their advice freely on this site, you are aslo free to do so.

Patricia