Uplands Community College

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sterling

Uplands Community College

Post by sterling »

Does anyone know what parts of Tunbridge Wells are in the catchment of Uplands, please?

Someone has mentioned to me that you can live in parts of Tunbridge Wells and still get into this East Sussex school - which looks like a good way of getting one bright child into the grammar system and the other slightly less bright into a decent comprehensive system!
sp

Post by sp »

I've just had a look at the link from Uplands web site to admissions on East Sussex web site and it appears that last year 30 children were admitted from Priority 6 ie outside the designated area, up to a distance of just over 10km. However don't rely on that figure as it will obviously change evry year.
What year is your younger child in? Depending on circumstances you may be able to move them to e feeder school for Uplands, moving them up a long way in the priority list!! Bit drastic but lots of people do it! If you live in Kent then they could do the 11+ as well if you felt it was appropriate but you would have a good school as a back up.
Slightly off this track but depending how long til they move schools you never know what the new Skinners Academy will turn out to be. We must all give it the benefit of the doubt and wish it evry success, it's what T Wells Needs !!
twellsmum

Uplands

Post by twellsmum »

We are virtually in Southborough and often there are one or two children from this area that get a place at Uplands. I'm not sure how many there are who apply and don't get in though. To be on teh safe side I think that living the Rusthall/Frant side of TW would be best.
sp

Post by sp »

Make sure you're not too far out of TW! The catchment area for TWGGS this year was very small and parts of TW did not get places in the first round.
Jonnyzap

Re: Uplands Community College

Post by Jonnyzap »

There are good transport links, by bus and train from Tunbridge Wells to Wadhurst. I live in TWells and have one child at Uplands and one in grammar. I actually prefer Uplands. The quality of teaching is excellent, they were brilliant in lockdown with fantastic communication and care and I like that it is co-ed. wish that I had known about it before I sent the older one to grammar. You live and learn!
Tinkers

Re: Uplands Community College

Post by Tinkers »

Jonnyzap wrote:There are good transport links, by bus and train from Tunbridge Wells to Wadhurst. I live in TWells and have one child at Uplands and one in grammar. I actually prefer Uplands. The quality of teaching is excellent, they were brilliant in lockdown with fantastic communication and care and I like that it is co-ed. wish that I had known about it before I sent the older one to grammar. You live and learn!
This thread is over 11 years old. I doubt this info is needed by the OP anymore.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now