Skinner's offers in Sevenoaks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

boysinoaks

Skinner's offers in Sevenoaks

Post by boysinoaks »

This might be completely academic because I'm not sure my DS will hit the 360+ entry score, but I was wondering how many people have managed to get into Skinner's from the north Sevenoaks area? It's our current favourite, but it sounds very unlikely we'll get in due to distance (10.2 miles). Has anyone had any luck this year living a similar distance? Thanks!
Sorrel

Re: Skinner's offers in Sevenoaks

Post by Sorrel »

It came out to 10 miles in the first round this year: they haven't updated publicly what happened after the second round and subsequent moves, but I would think there would be a decent chance it would come out that extra 0.2m. Hopefully someone will be around who knows though. And of course you don't know what happens in subsequent years - definitely put it down if you want it. Distance on the Bexley grammars varies wildly from year to year.
KentDad001

Post by KentDad001 »

My son's classmate got in at reallocation at ~10.6 miles.
Sevenoaks mum

Post by Sevenoaks mum »

The Skinners catchment is now out to Dunton Green. Everyone in Riverhead scoring above the magical 360 has now been offered a place.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

That must be pretty much as far as the inner area goes, isn't it? They did predict everyone in the inner area scoring over 360 would get a place. Will be interesting to see if it drops below 360 at all - maybe not as they took the 5 extra on appeal.
Sevenoaks mum

Post by Sevenoaks mum »

Sorrel wrote:That must be pretty much as far as the inner area goes, isn't it? They did predict everyone in the inner area scoring over 360 would get a place. Will be interesting to see if it drops below 360 at all - maybe not as they took the 5 extra on appeal.

No I think Otford and Kemsing etc are still in the inner area but have not been offered places yet.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Skinners' website has an update on the furthest distances offered for 2019 entry - now 11.5 miles inner area, 12 miles outer:

https://www.skinners-school.co.uk/admis ... 2020-faqs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Herewego1

Post by Herewego1 »

Presumably this means the pass is 330 then?
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Oh, well spotted, presumably it does. The criterion (if it goes below 360) is 'assessed suitable for grammar school' in the admissions arrangements for 2020.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now