clocks and watches

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Namorth

clocks and watches

Post by Namorth »

Does anyone know if any time warnings are given at any point or if start/end times are written on a board somewhere? Have just been doing a practice paper and it's very hard to figure out 8 questions in 4 minutes for the reasoning paper. Does anyone have any tips? Don't want to sidetracked by a watch but wondering with the short sections if it would be helpful or not.
Sorrel

Re: clocks and watches

Post by Sorrel »

Hi - I don't think they are allowed to take watches in but there will be a clock and also verbal time guidance.
Namorth

Post by Namorth »

Thanks: do they actual give warnings when 4 mins for a reasoning section is running out though? Odd about watches as I know in Medway they were allowed.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

I don't really know any more about what happens other than what they publish on the website/ send in emails - my older son did do the KT a couple of years back but he didn't say in detail and I doubt he particularly remembers. My impression is there is far more guidance about time than we would ever do in practice though.

You're right, Kent doesn't mention watches, it's St Olaves say no watches of any kind. But I did think they're not allowed smart watches as they could be used as a calculator, and a digital watch could have alarms going off and be a distraction.
Namorth

Post by Namorth »

Absolutely - no smart watches! I am following times carefully so am timing each section.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now