Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:44 pm 

Hi,
We are planning to move Kent .
What is the deadline for address change as secondary school applications are submitted by end of October.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:40 am 

13 December 2019 with proof of change of address according to the Kent Secondary school booklet https://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/p ... 020-21.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:38 pm 

PettswoodFiona wrote:
13 December 2019 with proof of change of address according to the Kent Secondary school booklet https://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/p ... 020-21.pdf

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:19 am 

Thanks. Does this mean that if any person living outside Kent does not move into Kent by Dec 13, there is no point giving Kent as an option in the Local Council forms submitted in October?

I live in Croydon and was wondering if I need to move into Kent within that date to secure a place.

Is there any option which will let me secure a place now and move later in 2020.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:36 am 

James Bond wrote:
Thanks. Does this mean that if any person living outside Kent does not move into Kent by Dec 13, there is no point giving Kent as an option in the Local Council forms submitted in October?

I live in Croydon and was wondering if I need to move into Kent within that date to secure a place.

Is there any option which will let me secure a place now and move later in 2020.

It depends on the school. You wouldn't be treated as a Kent resident for the first round of applications, but for some schools/ in some circs that wouldn't matter - eg if your son has a score that would secure an OOC place for Judd. If that's not the case, you could still put a school on your form and go on the waiting list when you don't get a place. When a place comes up, your rank on the waiting list would be determined by how you meet their criteria at that time, not at the original time of application, so depending where you'd moved you might go pretty much to the top. There's generally a fair bit of reallocation between the first round of offers at beginning of March and second at end of April, and it goes on after that as the people who got new places in April free up their spots.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:11 pm 

Hello,

I am currently living in Newham and my Son scored 372 in Kent exam. I am planning to move to Tunbridge wells by November. So how should I update my address as I am submitting the application only through eadmission and not in kent council as I am currently living outside Kent.

Also if I move before December, will my son be considered for in catchment ?

Thanks in advance.