Best pastoral care - TWBGS, Skinners or Judd

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Lucky13

Best pastoral care - TWBGS, Skinners or Judd

Post by Lucky13 »

I wondered if anyone has boys already at TWBGS, Judd or Skinners - I am after 'off-the-record' opinions on pastoral care at the three schools. My son suffers with anxiety and we are trying to work out the best match for him if he passes the Kent Test. Thank you in advance.
Twinkle

Re: Best pastoral care - TWBGS, Skinners or Judd

Post by Twinkle »

I can't tell you which school has the best pastoral care ( and I suspect there are very parents who have sons at all three schools who could tell you). However I can tell you that in my experience the pastoral care at Judd is very good. They have a
really super proactive head of pastoral care and there are 6th form " listeners' who provide support for students at lunchtime etc. Heads of house and form tutors will also provide support. For the last few years they have had someone external who will provide counselling to students in school if required - hopefully this will continue.

I hope this helps your decision making. There are parents of students at Skinners and TWGBS on the forum and hopefully you will get a response from them too.
doodles

Post by doodles »

I have 2 ds both of whom are Skinners' boys. We have found the pastoral care to be excellent even though both boys are very different. I can't speak for the other two schools as I don't have experience of them but Skinner's has been brilliant for us.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Lucky13

Post by Lucky13 »

Thank you both. Anyone with boys at TWBGS...or with further opinions on Judd and Skinners? Thank you
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Yes, Skinners is great. Not a lot of experience of the pastoral care system as such but my son's just finished year 7 and it seems a warm and friendly school. They do have a counsellor too if needed (as well as form tutors and sixth former prefects attached to each form).
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

I have two boys at Skinners' and think it is excellent for pastoral care. As already mentioned, they have a school counsellor who is very good (friend's son has lots of anxiety issues and she speaks very highly of how they are dealing with everything for him).
Lucky13

Post by Lucky13 »

Thank you so much PanicMode, that is really helpful