Out of Catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ludixon

Re: Out of Catchment

Post by Ludixon »

So I'm utterly confused about Skinners out of area and I didn't realise that their entrance criteria had changed since first-born took the test 2 years ago.

DC scored 376, in years gone by I *think* he would have got in on the first round, defo the second, but I've just read that there are only 20 places available for OOC. Are places given on score, or distance ? We are 14 miles away. Would he be given a space over someone who has scored, say, 374 but is 10 miles away? Or is it totally a distance thing now? :?
Bexleymum2608

Post by Bexleymum2608 »

Hi, my DD scored 387 and we are OOC, does she have a chance in Dartford Grammar for Girls
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

https://www.skinners-school.co.uk/uploads/FAQs.docx.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This may help explain Skinners' new system....
Seendy1

Post by Seendy1 »

Bexleymum2608 wrote:Hi, my DD scored 387 and we are OOC, does she have a chance in Dartford Grammar for Girls
Hi Bexleymum,

Well gone to your DD on such a great pass. We are OOC too, aiming for DGGS. I check and it appears that last year the cut off was 385! But gradually went down to 383.

Historically anything above 385 is “safe”.

My DD scored 386! I am super proud of her but can’t quite relax just yet
James Bond

Post by James Bond »

My Daughter has scored 368. Will she qualify OOC for any Kent School? I learn that Dartford needs ~385
I am struggling to find this information. We are ready to move later next year,but just need to know if she qualifies anywhere.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

James Bond wrote:My Daughter has scored 368. Will she qualify OOC for any Kent School? I learn that Dartford needs ~385
I am struggling to find this information. We are ready to move later next year,but just need to know if she qualifies anywhere.
James - your daughter seems to have taken quite a few exams, just wondered if you visited the schools or checked on the admission criteria before she took the tests?
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

James Bond wrote:My Daughter has scored 368. Will she qualify OOC for any Kent School? I learn that Dartford needs ~385
Are you far away from Kent, so you couldn't get into Weald of Kent Sevenoaks or Tunbridge Wells Girls Grammar on distance? They reach out to Orpington, East Sussex etc.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Admisdions criteria for Kent secondary schools can be found here:

https://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/p ... 020-21.pdf

and here (depending on whether the school concerned is a community / VC school, or one which is responsible for it's own admossions):

https://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-c ... ary-202021
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Allyfe

Post by Allyfe »

I was looking at Tonbridge yesterday (just out of curiosity) and OOC last year was 393 on offer day down to 388 on 1st Sept. It was similarly high the two years before. The two years before that (2016/7) your DD would have gotten an OOC on offer day. But it is worth noting birth rates are on the rise and it may possibly explain the rise in numbers.
James Bond

Post by James Bond »

Thanks a lot Friends!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now