Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: OOC cutoffs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:16 pm 

Hello all..anyone know where we can find cutoff infornation for OOC? I am after some historical data so we know which schools to apply for

My son got 403 n i m hoping for Judd or Skinners but not sure if its good enough

Post subject: Re: OOC cutoffs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:20 pm 

Skinners’ criteria have completely changed in the last couple of years. Basically 360 is a pass, and most places are allocated to boys in catchment with that score. The are 20 OOC places, but they are for siblings then distance, so score no longer really matters. I think all the distance places went to East Sussex this year?

They have an FAQ you can read:
https://www.skinners-school.co.uk/uploads/FAQs.docx.pdf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:33 pm 

MY DD got 387 and we OOC... can she get into Dartford Girls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:39 pm 

The furthest Skinners' went out to last year in the Outer Area was 12 miles. There are only 20 places for the 'outer area' now, and that's really to allow for children coming from East Sussex given how close TW is to the East Sussex border. 92% of children came from the West Kent area, up from I think 72% before they changed the criteria.....

I don't know about Judd (only have boys at Skinners')

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:14 pm 

403 is historically safe for Judd ooc, well done!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:26 pm 

The lowest OOC for Judd was 402 last year.

Are you actually in Essex? It’s worth noting that the Judd day finishes at 3.45pm and starts at 8.35am. There are also lots of extra curricular activities at Judd and the school does say that to do well the boys are expected to get involved in these.

My son is Year 12 now and stays after school two days per week but when he was in the lower years stayed as many as four. We live in Kent and it isn’t unusual for him to get home at 6pm and he usually leaves at 7.15am.

It is a fabulous school but it is demanding with lots of homework so please remember to factor in travelling time when making your choice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:32 pm 

EssexMum wrote:
Hello all..anyone know where we can find cutoff infornation for OOC? I am after some historical data so we know which schools to apply for

My son got 403 n i m hoping for Judd or Skinners but not sure if its good enough

As I said on your other thread you really do need to look at the school websites or search on here. However, as both schools have changed their admissions procedures in the last few years (for Skinners' it was last year) there will be little historical data available.

Your name suggests that you live in Essex, that will be one long journey for your DS especially given the after school activities/training and Saturday morning sports matches.