Togs or Weald

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Parent78

Togs or Weald

Post by Parent78 »

Hello, I’m interested to hear from parents who in the past have had daughters who have achieved a high enough score for Togs but have chosen Weald. Why did you make this choice? Or from parents that have daughters at both schools, how do they compare. Daughter has scored high enough for togs but is leaning towards Weald. I should also mention she is a child who puts in minimum effort but achieves quite high results and if not pushed will just coast!!
Optymum

Re: Togs or Weald

Post by Optymum »

We chose Weald for our daughter when her score would have secured a TGGs place. We are really pleased with Weald. The school does challenge them and they have regular end of topic tests to ensure they grasp the subjects and to encourage learning to revise, which I think is a good skill to learn. Certainly Weald have a great Progress 8 score, which I think shows they get the best from the girls. However, I feel that this is achieved in a less intense way, more regular assessments and encouragement. I think both are great schools, it just depends on the best fit for your daughter. I think if our DD had gone to TGGS she would have felt she was not 'good enough'. She would definitely have been able enough, but she is hard on herself and a bit of a perfectionist, so I think WOK fits her better. She learns really well, but has fun too. The class ethos of the girls is definitely working hard and they support each other really well.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now