Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
venu91

Kent-Cutoff date for address change

Post by venu91 »

Hi,
We are planning to move Kent .
What is the deadline for address change as secondary school applications are submitted by end of October.
PettswoodFiona

Re: Kent-Cutoff date for address change

Post by PettswoodFiona »

13 December 2019 with proof of change of address according to the Kent Secondary school booklet https://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/p ... 020-21.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
venu91

Post by venu91 »

PettswoodFiona wrote:13 December 2019 with proof of change of address according to the Kent Secondary school booklet https://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/p ... 020-21.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thanks
James Bond

Post by James Bond »

Thanks. Does this mean that if any person living outside Kent does not move into Kent by Dec 13, there is no point giving Kent as an option in the Local Council forms submitted in October?

I live in Croydon and was wondering if I need to move into Kent within that date to secure a place.

Is there any option which will let me secure a place now and move later in 2020.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

James Bond wrote:Thanks. Does this mean that if any person living outside Kent does not move into Kent by Dec 13, there is no point giving Kent as an option in the Local Council forms submitted in October?

I live in Croydon and was wondering if I need to move into Kent within that date to secure a place.

Is there any option which will let me secure a place now and move later in 2020.
It depends on the school. You wouldn't be treated as a Kent resident for the first round of applications, but for some schools/ in some circs that wouldn't matter - eg if your son has a score that would secure an OOC place for Judd. If that's not the case, you could still put a school on your form and go on the waiting list when you don't get a place. When a place comes up, your rank on the waiting list would be determined by how you meet their criteria at that time, not at the original time of application, so depending where you'd moved you might go pretty much to the top. There's generally a fair bit of reallocation between the first round of offers at beginning of March and second at end of April, and it goes on after that as the people who got new places in April free up their spots.
rsubbian

Post by rsubbian »

Hello,

I am currently living in Newham and my Son scored 372 in Kent exam. I am planning to move to Tunbridge wells by November. So how should I update my address as I am submitting the application only through eadmission and not in kent council as I am currently living outside Kent.

Also if I move before December, will my son be considered for in catchment ?

Thanks in advance.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now