Travel - Thurrock to Dartford Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PettswoodFiona

Re: Travel - Thurrock to Dartford Grammar

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Encapsulate wrote:Don't think scores should be a problem as DS got 415 in the Kent test.
Hi Encapsulate, my question was to Mom0407 which is why I included her in the quote, well done to your DS.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Think Dartford has been historically below 400 as they have more places than Judd for ooc - 384, 391 the last couple of years- but as you say, scores are higher this year and the points about transport definitely stand.
Mom0407

Post by Mom0407 »

PettswoodFiona wrote:
Encapsulate wrote:Don't think scores should be a problem as DS got 415 in the Kent test.
Hi Encapsulate, my question was to Mom0407 which is why I included her in the quote, well done to your DS.

My DS has scored more than 400 in Kent test. Unfortunately he didn't score well for KEGS. He will get SHSB. Wen compared to SHSB, DS likes Dartford school.

I am trying to find out the options for any coach which runs between Thurrock & Dartford.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

That is a great score Mom0407, only time will tell if it is a good enough score for Dartford OOC, it might seem bizarre saying that but it seems there are a lot of high scores this year. The journey to Dartford does seem very impractical. It sounds like you have some great alternatives that are easier. Please think about what might happen if you do take up a place at Dartford and it all becomes too much, you would then have lost some good but closer options.

Whilst we may give our opinions on this board, you and your DS will know what is best for your family set-up.

Good luck.
BR5mum

Post by BR5mum »

Mrs Bennett in the Admissions team is very helpful - you can email her to ask how many boys are on roll from your area, and whether there are any coaches from Thurrock. If there are, she can give you the correct contact details for the coach company.

Quite frankly, the thought of having to cross the Dartford Crossing twice a day 5x a week (plus Saturdays for compulsory rugby in Year 7) during rush hour for 7 years is pretty unpleasant!
Mom0407

Post by Mom0407 »

PettswoodFiona wrote:That is a great score Mom0407, only time will tell if it is a good enough score for Dartford OOC, it might seem bizarre saying that but it seems there are a lot of high scores this year. The journey to Dartford does seem very impractical. It sounds like you have some great alternatives that are easier. Please think about what might happen if you do take up a place at Dartford and it all becomes too much, you would then have lost some good but closer options.

Whilst we may give our opinions on this board, you and your DS will know what is best for your family set-up.

Good luck.
Thank you. I have to drive only for a year. Then we can shift there after he completes his Year 7.
Mom0407

Post by Mom0407 »

BR5mum wrote:Mrs Bennett in the Admissions team is very helpful - you can email her to ask how many boys are on roll from your area, and whether there are any coaches from Thurrock. If there are, she can give you the correct contact details for the coach company.

Quite frankly, the thought of having to cross the Dartford Crossing twice a day 5x a week (plus Saturdays for compulsory rugby in Year 7) during rush hour for 7 years is pretty unpleasant!

Thank you. Will contact her.
Mama9ja

Post by Mama9ja »

DS is in DGS and I live in Rainham. There is also a lady who runs one from from Grays station.
zednaz

Post by zednaz »

I am also looking for commute to dartford Grammar from rainham. Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Faraway

Post by Faraway »

Hi,

I would be very interested to know more details of the lady who does the grays station to grammar school bus/coach travel please.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now