In catchment area score for Judd

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

smithee

In catchment area score for Judd

Post by smithee »

Hi,

I know this has probably been asked before but I can't seem to find the thread!

Does anyone know / is anyone able to judge what the In Catchment area score for Judd is likely to be?

My son got 398 and we are in catchment. Is he guaranteed a place do you think?

The reason I need to be sure is because we are about to buy a house near to the station on the Tonbridge line. However, if he ends up going to Skinners or TWGSBs then this house would not be such a sensible purchase! :shock:

Thanks for any input you can provide!

Smithee
PettswoodFiona

Re: In catchment area score for Judd

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Using the search function and putting in Judd, I found this post by someone who has tried to predict what the cut off might be https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... d&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - whey they state:

In summary, it does appear Judd OOC cut-off is likely to be between 407-410 and IC between 384-387. As for where it actually would be no one really knows but the data does suggest clearly that huge jumps are to be expected from previous cut-offs, and the spike should be expected across all the super-selectives with knock-on impacts on the neighbouring grammars.
No one knows at this stage for certain.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

It sounds like you're pretty safe, but even if not, lots of boys do travel to Skinners or TWGSB by train (by Tonbridge line do you mean the main line down to Hastings?). In particular I think TWGSB is quite close to High Brooms.
smithee

Post by smithee »

Thanks for your replies.

It's the Edenbridge / Redhill line. Tunbridge Wells will still be doable but not anywhere near as convenient. If we knew for sure that he would not get Judd we probably would not go ahead with the house purchase. We may just have to stall completion until March! Thanks
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

398 is a really high score for in area and even if he by some chance didn't get it first round he would have a good chance with the waiting list, surely. Have a look at the various threads about score predictions from October in the Kent folder.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

398 is a really high score for in area and even if he by some chance didn't get it first round he would have a good chance with the waiting list, surely. Have a look at the various threads about score predictions from October in the Kent folder.
smithee

Post by smithee »

He got in...phew!
cakebaker

Post by cakebaker »

smithee wrote:He got in...phew!
Hooray!
NDPM

Post by NDPM »

smithee wrote:He got in...phew!
Hi, my son will be taking the Edenbridge train and got offered Judd.

Maybe we could do a few run together with our DS?
LocalTWmum1

Post by LocalTWmum1 »

https://www.judd.online/page/?title=At+Year+7&pid=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Judd in area 385! Wow so high :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now