Inductions..

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sorrel

Re: Inductions..

Post by Sorrel »

Aw, that's lovely - do hope the next year works out well for him whatever happens. It is a great school. Mine is not big on the sports but they have so much else besides.
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

Sorrel wrote:That's such a shame, doodles, hope they can have an event in the autumn to make up for it a bit. Hope he is sorted for university at least (and that that starts as properly planned).
In a recent (virtual!) PA meeting, Mr Wesson confirmed that they are very much hoping to do a big send off for them in the Autumn - perhaps around a slightly altered Skinners' Day format. Really hope that they get to say a proper goodbye - it's such a wonderful school.......(am praying hard DS3 (who is DC4) manages to follow his big brothers there - just the small matter of the 11+ to take this September after no school for 6 months.......!).
Last edited by PanicMode on Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Oh, best of luck to him, PanicMode! At least you know he just needs the 360 to be a dead cert. And I'm sure you're exceptionally expert at getting offspring through 11+ now....
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

Sorrel wrote:Oh, best of luck to him, PanicMode! At least you know he just needs the 360 to be a dead cert. And I'm sure you're exceptionally expert at getting offspring through 11+ now....
Well, we outsourced the tutoring the last three times, but it worked with the schoolwork they were doing....this time, my poor 4th child is REALLY struggling with not being in school and tutoring is via Zoom for 30 mins face to face time a week with 1.5 hours of work set - so really not the same. He was flying before lockdown and aceing his papers - now, he's really struggling and I am worried even about the 360 threshold, which he was easily getting to in Feb/March time.....fingers and toes crossed! And the whole cohort is in the same storm - if not the same boat, so que sera, sera!
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Perhaps they will let people list more schools and postpone the test as suggested on another thread. It's tough (especially for the non-tutored) doing it first week back even under normal circumstances. Best of luck to him anyway!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now