Grays to Southend/ Dartford grammar school for boys travel

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Faraway

Grays to Southend/ Dartford grammar school for boys travel

Post by Faraway »

Hi,

I’m new to this forum, and I would really be grateful of anyone can give me any details of coaches or buses or companies that travel to Dartford Grammar for Boys from Grays and from Grays to Westcliff Grammar or Southend Grammar for boys. There are no grammar schools nearby and either way there will be some distance to travel. I am struggling to find any up to date information about any services.

I understand either way there is a journey but it wouldn’t be too much; I know of people travelling from ilford to Southend which is double the distance that from grays. So a good half hour-1hour journey should be ok. I drive to Southend and it takes half hour so I understand bus service would be different.

Many thanks in advance.
PettswoodFiona

Re: Grays to Southend/ Dartford grammar school for boys trav

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Please do try and imagine the journey when traffic is back to full pelt and the journey during peak times will not be what it says on Google maps. Sometimes a local comprehensive might be better than a tired child.

There have been other similar threads:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 15&t=59470" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (poster JordanC is also in Grays)
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =5&t=60079" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or consider moving. I don't have familiarity with the schools to know if the journey or upheaval is worth it. I know some girls who go to Dartford Grammar for girls and they get a coach service from my locale that also serves the Wilmington grammar schools but all of those run exclusively south of the river.

Good luck
BR5mum

Post by BR5mum »

Try emailing Mrs Bennett in Admissions at Dartford Grammar (jbennett@dartfordgrammarschool.org.uk), she is very helpful.
PencilandPen

Post by PencilandPen »

Hi Just wondering I have heard in the past that some DS/DD taking the ferry crossing from Tilbury to Gravesend where there are two grammar schools. I wonder if that is an option
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

PencilandPen wrote:Hi Just wondering I have heard in the past that some DS/DD taking the ferry crossing from Tilbury to Gravesend where there are two grammar schools. I wonder if that is an option
Unfortunately, you might also have heard on the Radio Essex (and probably London) traffic bulletins, the number of times that the ferries are out of service due to bad weather / mechanical problems / industrial action etc :(.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Mama9ja

Post by Mama9ja »

I live in Rainham and my son in Dartford Grammar takes a private service from Purfleet for almost 3yrs now. DM me if you need more info. Purfleet is 1 stop away from Grays so should be fine. Its a 20mins ride to school.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

ToadMum wrote:
PencilandPen wrote:Hi Just wondering I have heard in the past that some DS/DD taking the ferry crossing from Tilbury to Gravesend where there are two grammar schools. I wonder if that is an option
Unfortunately, you might also have heard on the Radio Essex (and probably London) traffic bulletins, the number of times that the ferries are out of service due to bad weather / mechanical problems / industrial action etc :(.
Actually, having posted that, I'm not sure it isn't the Woolwich Ferry which had the more problems. However, the possibility of finding oneself sitting at Tilbury Riverside at 7 o'clock in the morning with a keeled over (so to speak) ferry service is something that would probably put me off :(.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Fulani101

Post by Fulani101 »

Mama9ja wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:52 pm I live in Rainham and my son in Dartford Grammar takes a private service from Purfleet for almost 3yrs now. DM me if you need more info. Purfleet is 1 stop away from Grays so should be fine. Its a 20mins ride to school.
Hello I tried messaging you and it wont go through - how do I find out further information regarding the coach?
scary mum

Re: Grays to Southend/ Dartford grammar school for boys travel

Post by scary mum »

Now that I have approved your first post you should be able to send private messages.
scary mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now