Kent test 2020 results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PerpetualStudent

Re: Kent test 2020 results

Post by PerpetualStudent »

This year’s max scores are especially interesting compared to OOC figures in previous years - 25 in 2019 and 22 in 2018. Of course, those figures include Kent indie schools.
Jasmine76

Post by Jasmine76 »

ToadMum wrote:
Mintan wrote:Kent County has released the spreadsheet which outlines the score and number of pupils attaining the scores.
https://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-c ... test#tab-5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This statement may be of particular interest:

Following guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), from 2019 we will no longer publish Kent Test results for any sub-category containing 5 or fewer children. This is due to the large number of redactions it would need, this effectively prevents the publication of meaningful district breakdowns, and will restrict differentiation between schools. The 2019 and 2020 result reports will show the differences between children in a KCC mainstream school and all other children.

Any direct FOI requests for more detailed breakdowns of the test results will be declined in line with the ICO’s advice. As previous reports are already in the public domain, they will remain available

Hi,

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I thought my DD had good enough IC scores for TGS (390) but looking at this, there are so many IC girls who scored over 400. Can anyone guess what the IC cut off for TGS might be? There are around 270 IC girls who scored over 390. I get it that all will not be applying for TGS but some maybe in Dartford or Maidstone. But, you have to also think of all those OC girls with high scores moving in. There are only 135 places! I am now very worried. Anyone got a better idea?
PerpetualStudent

Remember that OOC girls with high scores have a set pool of Governor’s Places at TGS. They are competing with each other and not the IC girls.
Jasmine76

Post by Jasmine76 »

PerpetualStudent wrote:Remember that OOC girls with high scores have a set pool of Governor’s Places at TGS. They are competing with each other and not the IC girls.

Hi,
Thank you!
Yes, I get it but I am talking about the OC girls moving IC before the Dec deadline and getting considered IC.
PerpetualStudent

Jasmine76 wrote:
PerpetualStudent wrote:Remember that OOC girls with high scores have a set pool of Governor’s Places at TGS. They are competing with each other and not the IC girls.

Hi,
Thank you!
Yes, I get it but I am talking about the OC girls moving IC before the Dec deadline and getting considered IC.
I’m not sure that many will be doing that. The OOC figures include Indie girls who may already be IC so yes they may be targeting TGS. But most of the OOC girls in other boroughs aren’t targeting TGS or are only aiming for the Governor’s places which don’t require a move. They will usually have a local option as well which they may prefer. Many do the Kent test as well as their local test to make sure they have covered their bases. Therefore, only a very few would be so highly motivated for TGS that having missed a Governor’s Place they would incur the cost (and huge effort) of moving by the December deadline.
Mintan

Post by Mintan »

Jasmine76 wrote:Hi,
Thank you!
In previous years, the Kent results were out by mid October and the last date for change of address was around 10th December.
This gave people a bit of time to move if the scores were not high enough to qualify for an IC place.
This year as the results were delayed, the chances of people moving in to take up IC spaces are far less (though I have seen anything can happen when it comes to a grammar space!)
Also the OOC girls with very high scores do not rush to move in for an IC space as they do not need to. Some do move later once school allocation is known to make the journey easier.

Fingers crossed for positive news in March.
Jasmine76

Post by Jasmine76 »

PerpetualStudent wrote:
Jasmine76 wrote:

Hi,
Thank you!
I’m not sure that many will be doing that. The OOC figures include Indie girls who may already be IC so yes they may be targeting TGS. But most of the OOC girls in other boroughs aren’t targeting TGS or are only aiming for the Governor’s places which don’t require a move. They will usually have a local option as well which they may prefer. Many do the Kent test as well as their local test to make sure they have covered their bases. Therefore, only a very few would be so highly motivated for TGS that having missed a Governor’s Place they would incur the cost (and huge effort) of moving by the December deadline.

Thank you! That is reassuring. Fingers crossed.
Pl1688

Post by Pl1688 »

PerpetualStudent wrote:This year’s max scores are especially interesting compared to OOC figures in previous years - 25 in 2019 and 22 in 2018. Of course, those figures include Kent indie schools.
Total number scoring the max this year is an outlier - I think it's due to delaying the test to Oct. Rather than making it fairer, it's widened the gap. Those who are tutored (via tutors, parents or their prep/school) had additional time/practice probably did slightly better than they usually would (i.e. missing those months of schooling wasn't detrimental) and those who didn't receive this level of help did slightly worse.

As the test is standardized, if a large portion did slightly worse due to covid, the raw scores needed to achieve the max score is a mark or two lower than in prior years.
Jasmine76

Post by Jasmine76 »

Mintan wrote:
Jasmine76 wrote:Hi,
Thank you!
In previous years, the Kent results were out by mid October and the last date for change of address was around 10th December.
This gave people a bit of time to move if the scores were not high enough to qualify for an IC place.
This year as the results were delayed, the chances of people moving in to take up IC spaces are far less (though I have seen anything can happen when it comes to a grammar space!)
Also the OOC girls with very high scores do not rush to move in for an IC space as they do not need to. Some do move later once school allocation is known to make the journey easier.

Fingers crossed for positive news in March.

Thank you for your kind words! I hope so... Fingers crossed.
Marija

Post by Marija »

Can anyone help, please? My son scored 380 and we are OOC. The only school that makes for us is Dartford Gramar but we are still 10 miles as the crow flies. I see lots of people who are very knowledgeable, so could anyone comment on whether we have any chance based on previous years? Usual caveats, understandable.