Chance at an appeal?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Adauzolondon

Chance at an appeal?

Post by Adauzolondon »

I need advice from the house please. Unfortunately my DD was not assessed suitable for grammar as I just received the result. She scored 333 (1 point above cut off) but 102 in maths (6 points below min score). Wilmington was our 2nd choice following Dartford girls. We live in Wilmington. I understand that Dartford is out of the question now. What are the chances I can appeal to see if she can get into Wilmington? Anybody know the process? Grammar school is not a do or die situation for us and my daughter has been reassured. I want to find out if there's any previous stories of similar situation I can embark on? Also, is it too late for the head teachers appeal at this point?
Thanks. Sad mum.
hermanmunster

Re: Chance at an appeal?

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Adauzolondon, welcome to the forum, there is quite a bit of info about appeals in our FAQ https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can't actually appeal until she has been declined a place there ie in March next year, in the meantime it would be worth collecting academic evidence to support the appeal
*Shillian*

Post by *Shillian* »

Ask your head teacher if s/he already appealed and if not why not.
Is your daughter normally strong in maths? Did she have an off day and so the score doesn't reflect her true ability?
PencilandPen

Post by PencilandPen »

If they were in top maths set at primary last year that might help
PencilandPen

Post by PencilandPen »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08xvksh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
useful information 1hour 37 minutes into the interview about Kent test, they do mention appeals
Clawhit

Post by Clawhit »

I helped my friend appeal for Mayfield Grammar she was 6 marks short and we were successful. In my opinion nothing ventured nothing gained.
Greenwich Mum

Post by Greenwich Mum »

You have to list the schools you want to appeal to on your CAF form.
You can only appeal against non admission if you didn’t get the place after listing the school on the CAF form. The current score doesn’t matter. You can appeal to both schools you mentioned after allocation results. Read everything about appeals on this forum. Good luck.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now