Travel to Weald Sevenoaks from Locksbottom/ Crofton

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fmmg

Travel to Weald Sevenoaks from Locksbottom/ Crofton

Post by Fmmg »

Thinking of ways to avoid having to drive my daughter to Orpington station every day to get the train then bus to Weald's Sevenoaks site, because this will be awkward (but not impossible) with my other children's arrangements.

I have heard there is a private mini bus to Weald which may run from or via Locksbottom or along Crofton Rd. How do we know if there are available places on the mini bus? Any idea of cost? Or who is it run by?

I am concerned, as I've heard that previous years there were no places of the mini bus and children from my child's primary have to do lift shares with other parents to get their now-year 8 kids to school.
ToadMum

Re: Travel to Weald Sevenoaks from Locksbottom/ Crofton

Post by ToadMum »

Fmmg wrote:Thinking of ways to avoid having to drive my daughter to Orpington station every day to get the train then bus to Weald's Sevenoaks site, because this will be awkward (but not impossible) with my other children's arrangements.

I have heard there is a private mini bus to Weald which may run from or via Locksbottom or along Crofton Rd. How do we know if there are available places on the mini bus? Any idea of cost? Or who is it run by?

I am concerned, as I've heard that previous years there were no places of the mini bus and children from my child's primary have to do lift shares with other parents to get their now-year 8 kids to school.
If they are year 8s at Weald, could you not get together with them to get a minibus service set up?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Fmmg

Post by Fmmg »

I don’t know them, but understand they are happy with their private arrangements. I’m sure someone posted about a mini bus service, but maybe not. I know a lot of the girls get the train/ bus.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

There is a private mini bus that goes from Crofton and Petts Wood to Weald. See this thread https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 19&t=57314" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; where BR6mum mentions the service
Fmmg

Post by Fmmg »

Thanks a lot. That’s exactly the thread I was looking for.
Fmmg

Post by Fmmg »

I received a reply to my query but it’s not showing above when viewed on my phone. So just to say thanks.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

As a matter of safety, please check with the schools for authorised or approved transport services.
BR6mum

Post by BR6mum »

Hi,
The post had to be removed as I mentioned the name of the bus company.
Yes, the bus is still running, we use it for our Year 9 daughter, and it’s been an absolute God send.
Fmmg

Post by Fmmg »

Ok - thank you
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now