Live in London, Kent & Bucks date conflict which 1 to choose

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ichayan

Live in London, Kent & Bucks date conflict which 1 to choose

Post by ichayan »

I have registered for the Kent and Buckinghamshire 2021 exams for my son. We are planning to move out from London to the are where he gets the admission. Unfortunately both tests happened to be on the same date and both of them won’t allow any change. I need to choose one. Considering we live in London which one has the highest probability of getting accepted? Thanks in advance.
hermanmunster

Re: Live in London, Kent & Bucks date conflict which 1 to ch

Post by hermanmunster »

So presuming you intend to move AFTER the exam results are through then this will also mean that unless you move very quickly then the address that is counted will be the address in London:

Bucks

the requirement is to get 121 or more in the test - then you need to apply on the CAF and places are allocated on the basis of distance - the results of the allocations are on this link https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/451675 ... final4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you will see that the final group ie those going on distance are in relatively low numbers of miles - are you likely to fall within any of those?

Some people opt to move into the area after the exam and after the CAF is submitted, they may buy a property in the area and hope to get a place in subsequent allocation rounds (ie after March 2020), however sometimes there are very large numbers of people doing this and they cannot all be offered a place at the Grammar School.

Kent

It's complicated - have a read of this https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... nt-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and then have a look at the school policies.
ichayan

Re: Live in London, Kent & Bucks date conflict which 1 to ch

Post by ichayan »

Thank you, I will have a read through. The move will only realistic after CAF. I got two younger kids as well to consider when moving.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now