automatic pencils on mark sheet

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
elevenplusforum78

automatic pencils on mark sheet

Post by elevenplusforum78 »

Hi all

my daughter likes using automatic pencils - would the computer have trouble reading it if the line is thin?

thanks
KaB£H1s3

Re: automatic pencils on mark sheet

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

What lead size is she using? I'd guess 0.3mm is too thin but 1.3mm is probably fine. I'm guessing tho.
Coffeelover

Post by Coffeelover »

I would check directly with Kent.

Usually it is HB pencil.

You do not want to risk not having the correct kit, and you want to make sure the test paper can be read correctly.

I recall a private school telling us not to use mechanical pencils. Personally I would not use a mechanical pencil.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Do not take any risks at all with something that is so important.

Last year a student I know of lost 8 marks in VR and it was only the persistence of her mother in insisting that her paper was checked that resulted in the 8 marks being added onto her total score.

The school told her that her line had not been dark enough and so the computer marked those 8 questions as having been unanswered so she received zero for all eight of them.

They are not going to manually check thousands of MC sheets so do not be the candidate that loses marks because the line does not show up as a score. DG
elevenplusforum78

Post by elevenplusforum78 »

KaB£H1s3 ive been trying to reply to your response but my phone wasn't having any of it! Thank you for your reply and to all the responses - we will certainly not be taking any risks - thanks so much !