My son has scored 365, out of county any chance?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mitasol

Re: My son has scored 365, out of county any chance?

Post by mitasol »

I just spoke to Kent admissions team. I was told this applies only to application made in Kent. I am confused now, any idea.
They don’t apply to you UNTIL you move to Kent and inform them. They will then operate according to the rules governing the admissions process.

You apply to The LA which you reside at the time of applying. When you move you make contact with your new LA and follow their rules. You are being advised to check the rules governing a change of address with both LAs, as depending on which LA you are residing in - different rules may apply.

It sounds to as through several people are not getting satisfactory information on the telephone. I strongly recommend that you ask by email so you have a paper trail. It is very important that you understand this is not straightforward. Unless you move and have the necessary documentation by the end of the month then different rules may apply to your application.

https://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/p ... 22.pdf.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Parents should be aware that moving during the application window will likely complicate your admissions process
and, in many circumstances, significantly reduces your chances of securing a place at a school of your preference. Parents are therefore advised to pay special attention to
key dates in the admissions process and wherever possible, organise your affairs to ensure address changes are made within admission’s deadlines. It is understood that this is not always possible, however, KCC has no discretionary authority to vary the process for parents who cannot complete address moves in time to make use of them for admissions purposes.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now