Kent Grammar school admission moving into Kent

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

shahul_hamid_1999

Kent Grammar school admission moving into Kent

Post by shahul_hamid_1999 »

My son has been invited to make an application for admission in Grammar school. He has scored 358 and We plan to move to Kent by Mid November.

I was told that I have to make an application to my local county which is West sussex with name of the grammar schools in Kent and then after I move into Kent which is Mid Nov, I need to inform Kent Secondary school admission team. This has to be done before 5th Dec.

I didn't find this documented anywhere so wanted to check if this is a legit process ?
hermanmunster

Re: Kent Grammar school admission moving into Kent

Post by hermanmunster »

try page 11 of this document https://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/p ... 22.pdf.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shahul_hamid_1999

Post by shahul_hamid_1999 »

As per the document, it seems that I still have to submit the CAF form for Kent admission with my existing address which is west sussex and not to West Sussex council
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I would check up on that - more likely that you have to apply to West Sussex, you really need to check with them and Kent to get it right and make sure you don't get left out of the whole process
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I would suggest ringing the Kent admissions team, they are extremely helpful.
I have no experience of dealing with West Sussex admissions but it might be worth contacting them, too.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

I would say definitely apply to West Sussex and tell Kent when you move - they wouldn't be able to process an application with a West Sussex address or before you exchange/ sign a new rental agreement. From the admissions document:

'‘If you have changed address or your child has changed
schools as a result of moving house, Kent County
Council will be able to amend applications up until
Friday 1 December 2021 provided you have an exchange
of contracts with completion date or a signed rental
agreement for the new property. It may not be possible
to submit these changes online.
ichayan

Post by ichayan »

Sorrel wrote:I would say definitely apply to West Sussex and tell Kent when you move - they wouldn't be able to process an application with a West Sussex address or before you exchange/ sign a new rental agreement. From the admissions document:

'‘If you have changed address or your child has changed
schools as a result of moving house, Kent County
Council will be able to amend applications up until
Friday 1 December 2021 provided you have an exchange
of contracts with completion date or a signed rental
agreement for the new property. It may not be possible
to submit these changes online.
I just spoke to Kent admissions team. I was told this applies only to application made in Kent. I am confused now.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Have you specifically asked them what you have to do if you move from another LEA into Kent? Have you asked West Sussex too?
ichayan

Post by ichayan »

hermanmunster wrote:Have you specifically asked them what you have to do if you move from another LEA into Kent? Have you asked West Sussex too?
Sorry for hijacking the thread I am not the OP, I live in London and the cut-off date for CAF is 31st of October. The lady said follow the local councils guidelines where you reside. If I can get a rental agreement in place before 1st of Nov I can apply to Kent directly.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ichayan wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:Have you specifically asked them what you have to do if you move from another LEA into Kent? Have you asked West Sussex too?
Sorry for hijacking the thread I am not the OP, I live in London and the cut-off date for CAF is 31st of October. The lady said follow the local councils guidelines where you reside. If I can get a rental agreement in place before 1st of Nov I can apply to Kent directly.
Sorry I was getting cross-eyed - so many rushing around trying to move in the last couple of weeks of October. Yes that makes sense - you would need the rental agreement and I presume evidence that you have severed connections to old property