Appeal Dates Received By Anybody?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

lesleyub

Post by lesleyub »

The school ds was offered had an appalling Ofsted, bad behaviour and very poor exam results. Also a recent pepper spray incident involving a Y7 pupil.....
My son just wouldn't be happy there. I visited it as a prospective teacher a few months ago. He was only one mark off (in maths) and is dyslexic but received no extra time. I'm crossing my fingers very hard at the moment!
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

leseyub - you've probably seen it, but in case you haven't, there's a thread on the Sen and the 11+ section about dyslexia. It seems to suggest that dyslexic children would normally be allowed extra time - I wonder if you can glean anything from this thread that would support your case? It does seem common sense to me to allow dyslexic children extra time, given the pressure children are under to read, understand and answer some of the tests.
lesleyub

Post by lesleyub »

Thanks Bexley Mum - I got a couple of pointers for my letter of appeal from there. Some areas certainly seem more switched on than Kent!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

2nd time arround wrote:Hi lesleyub , we have also turned down a grammar place as it was not on our caf form and 23 miles from home, our ds would have had to get up at 5.30am every morning and would not have been home until 6.30pm and that would be on a good day :cry: .
We have appealed to 2 grammars in our area but still waiting to hear of dates.

Good luck to you and everyone else appealing
Hi 2nd time around, that sounds ghastly. Don't blame you for turning it down it is a non starter. the thought of home educating comes to mind (personally I would be hopeless at it but I know some people get on very well with it)

All the very best to those of you who appealing at the mo.
2nd time arround

Post by 2nd time arround »

Thank you hermanmunster , home educating would not be a strong point of mine, also he is a very social boy and would miss that side of school life. We will just have to wait for appeals :(
mumsy

Post by mumsy »

Hi,
just to keep you updated - I have received a date for one of the appeals (Wilmington), 1st May - not heard anything back from LEA regards Dartford GS.

There is also a meeting on 29th APril at Hextable School, for parents of appeal girls, as there are so many appeals this year!!

Still got fingers crossed and still hoping that all goes well for my DD, and everyone else of course. :?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now