KENT ALLOCATIONS 1st March 2022

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vkd77

Re: KENT ALLOCATIONS 1st March 2022

Post by vkd77 »

PettswoodFiona wrote:Tie-break distance applies where there are two or more on the same score. So those who on 398 and within the distance got the place. Someone (or maybe a few) who was further out on the same score didn’t. Any higher score would qualify for a place regardless of distance if in the same category (Trustee).

Thanks, that's really helpful.

Anyone have idea on where could I get the cut off scores for all the school? Is there any site?
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

vkd77 wrote:Anyone have idea on where could I get the cut off scores for all the school? Is there any site?
The majority of Kent grammar schools do not have ranking. There is the pass mark and then it is down to distance or whether you are in the defined parish. Tonbridge Girls grammar is one that has places based on rank for those within a defined set of parishes and then 35 places for those outside. Weald of Kent in comparison is based on the pass mark and then allocation as per the oversubscription criteria in the admissions document. You will need to read a combination of the admissions documentation for schools you are interested in and if they don't publicly state distances or scores (Tonbridge do) then contact the admissions team to get that information as well as look on this site. Bexley list last distance offered in their booklet but I haven't seen Kent do something similar but someone else may have come across something, but I suspect not as if there was there wouldn't be quite so much speculation and discussion on this forum.
Meema

Post by Meema »

Morning,
Do KCC email today re 2nd round waiting allocation or do we have to log onto account?
Thank you
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Anyone had any news from second round of Kent allocations yet? Good luck if you were waiting for a place.
Meema

Post by Meema »

We have received an email.
Now we wait on the schools list instead :-(
misssorcy

Post by misssorcy »

Meema wrote:We have received an email.
I guess we're on the same boat and hoping for good.
Just received an email from KCC advising to wait for the school's emails instead.
I fell so grumpy not to move to the inner are tbh.
MARC1

Post by MARC1 »

misssorcy wrote:
Meema wrote:We have received an email.
I guess we're on the same boat and hoping for good.
Just received an email from KCC advising to wait for the school's emails instead.
I fell so grumpy not to move to the inner are tbh.

We are in the same boat. DS is so far down the waiting list that it'll be more than a miracle for him to get in. Feel gutted for my son even though I know he'll do well in any school he goes to, its gutting that the work he did to pass the exams is not rewarded. Im probably more upset than him.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Sorry it hasn't worked out for you. Some like TWGSB seem to change a lot from year to year and Dartford is always hard.

Skinners' has published second round distances; hasn't come out much but next year should be different with the new score rules: https://www.skinners-school.co.uk/admis ... -skinners/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Judd not updated scores yet afaics.
Kiwi

Post by Kiwi »

Anyone know how far TGWSB came out to this year given they have a new Sevenoaks campus and expanded. Just interested to see what the difference is.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

It can't be far at all, they made only 11 OOC offers in the first round of allocations despite the extra places. Perhaps the annex has been popular in Sevenoaks and they have smart new buildings on the TW site