house move after school offer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
John777

house move after school offer

Post by John777 »

Dear All,

we live in Maidstone and got offer for a grammar school in the town.

The current house where we live in is at 0.8 miles straight distance to the school, we are planning to move to a house which is 1 mile straight distance to the school.

Would this be an issue? Of course I will tell to the school that we are planning to move. Appreciate your feedback.

Many thanks!
Sparklecat

Re: house move after school offer

Post by Sparklecat »

Boy or girl? It may have changed in the four years since we applied. But it was generally the case that any child applying in Maidstone would get a place, with a general preference for Invicta over MGGS, and MGS over Oakwood Park. Think it’s easier for girls, but I would be amazed if it made a difference at such a close distance. Someone else may have more up to date information than me.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

I thought I read on another website (that this website won't let us refer to!) that both Maidstone Grammars had vacancies in current year 7. Also know of at least one boy from Sevenoaks who went there a year or so back. I would think you would be fine but check with the school if you're concerned.
PegtheHen

Post by PegtheHen »

The question of whether or not you still would have got a place from your new address is irrelevant. The point is, you've already been allocated a place, based on your current address. You are perfectly entitled to move house now. The only time it's a problem is if your current address is an 'address of convenience' (eg a second home used for the application, or a short term let). But if not - if you've lived at the current house only for a long time and are now genuinely looking to move - then you're fine. But do be prepared to be asked lots of questions about your address history, move dates etc - keep lots of evidence.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

PegtheHen wrote:The question of whether or not you still would have got a place from your new address is irrelevant. The point is, you've already been allocated a place, based on your current address. You are perfectly entitled to move house now. The only time it's a problem is if your current address is an 'address of convenience' (eg a second home used for the application, or a short term let). But if not - if you've lived at the current house only for a long time and are now genuinely looking to move - then you're fine. But do be prepared to be asked lots of questions about your address history, move dates etc - keep lots of evidence.

Please check the actual wording of the admissions policy for conditions such as the address used must continue to be the child’s home address at least until they start at the school. This is definitely the case with at least one grammar school our side of the Thames Crossing :shock:.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
PegtheHen

Post by PegtheHen »

Really? I'd have thought that was in breach of the Admissions Code.

2.13 An admission authority must not withdraw an offer unless it has been
offered in error, a parent has not responded within a reasonable period of time,
or it is established that the offer was obtained through a fraudulent or
intentionally misleading application.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now