Confused and worried about my daughter`s chances :(

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kentish maid

Post by kentish maid »

I am guessing that the practise papers were the same as last year and that is where the confusion has arisen, i hope!!

Its not a level playing field out there anyway, as is life.
ergo

Post by ergo »

My daughter sat practice on Saturday and thinks it was 11A (if that's any help). The head at practice centre said that most children would probably have seen it before and not to ask children too much about it as it absolutely had no bearing on real thing. He commented on how relaxed children were and now it was up to the parents to relax and let them get on with it!
jnadams2

Post by jnadams2 »

Having read the above posts, I thought I should reassure everybody that it wasn't last years 11+ paper, I believed it was from what my daughter said but having discussed it further with a Year 6 teacher it seems that it was just a Nfer Nelson practice paper.

We haven't been using the Nfer Nelson practice papers for Maths (don't know why, obviously should have been) we've been using the Bond papers as my DD's tutor informed me they were more difficult!

Anyway, sorry for the confusion!
Northkentmum

Post by Northkentmum »

Hello jnadams2

You have received some excellent advice on this forum so there is no point me repeating what has been posted however with the exam date imminent I wanted to add every good luck to your daughter and I hope you both achieve the end result you hope for.

NKM
jnadams2

Post by jnadams2 »

Thankyou!!!

I've got everything crossed!!

What will be will be ........

Good luck to everyone
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

My daughter's school which has about 50 children sitting the exam this time used 11A for their practice. I don't know if that is the one they have been told to use by whoever decides these things.

My DD skipped in quite happily this morning which was a relief and I did not show her up although there were a couple of bright eyed mummies (sunglasses helped!). Nearly over now!
jnadams2

Post by jnadams2 »

I felt awful this morning, my dd was fine!!

Me and my dh and a couple of friends are off to Corfu for a long weekend, flying out at 5, this was booked in March!!

I'm sure you can all imagine what I'm feeling, knowing I'm not going to be there tonight tomorrow to reassure her!!!
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

I think most of hte mummies in the playground this morning were more nervous and worried looking than teh children although we were all trying valiantly to hide it! Hope you have a good time in Corfu (bring back some sunshine!). Will you be able to speak to your daughter before you get on the plane?
jnadams2

Post by jnadams2 »

Intending to call her about 4.30 to see how it went today and again hoping to have a quick chat in the morning (depending on getting a signal).

Although I feel a bit bad I actually think it may be best for her to be away from me! My mum's got a new DVD for her to watch, she'll make her a hot chocolate and keep everything calm!!
keljbj

Post by keljbj »

Thanks for all your advise ladies.

We had a few tears last night along the lines of "My maths isnt good enough, i`m never going to pass etc" but after a mummy-daughter chat and lots of cuddles (plus a nice big mug of hot chocolate :D) she calmed down and went off to sleep.

This morning she was fine, or hiding it well lol. I put some essential oils on her school jumper for her to sniff if she felt nervous or stressed (more for the breathing involved than anything else) and i noticed her sniffing it as she went in, but no tears or tantrums.
Cant wait to go and get her now and find out how it went.
Kelly M Reeves
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now