Wilmington Grammar for boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2childmum

Wilmington Grammar for boys

Post by 2childmum »

Hi - does anyone have any opinions about Wilmington? We are interested for our son but don't know anybody there.

Any info, positive or negative, would be really useful

many thanks
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

2childmum - I know a teacher whose son goes there and she loves it. I get the impression it's very big on DT/engineering. I didn't think their last Ofsted was as good as it should have been.

I went to look at the school one wet evening in October last year when I had a raging cold - not the most receptive frame of mind! I was, however, hugely impressed with the headteacher's talk. I also spoke to a lady from the office who reinforced what the head had said about the school being very big on pastoral care.

My son played a cricket match there last term and their playing fields are gorgeous (and they won!). That's about as much as I know about Wilmington!
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

Hi - we are obviously both posting on the same forums (fora?) at the same time!

Thanks for your answer - I know a couple of friends who looked around last year and were very impressed. It wouldn't be at the top of our CAF due to the distance - i know a bus runs from here but i dread to think what time in the morning he would have to catch it! Or he can get a train and a bus, which also feels a bit much for an 11 year old!

I think we will have to go and have a look so that at least we have seen eveywhere