Bond vs NFER

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Desperate Dan

Bond vs NFER

Post by Desperate Dan »

Dear All,

I have been very interested to read the comments about the various publishers of 11+ practice material.

We are in Kent and DD will be sitting the 11+ in September which as most of you will know is multi-choice VR, NVR and Maths set by NFER. She has completed all the NFER papers at least once and has also been using the CDs from this site.

I understood from everything I had read that the Bond papers were a very good substitute for the NFER tests set in Kent so we moved onto these. DD seemed to find them of a similar standard/format etc but her tutor (experienced and reputable) has said that she thinks they are illogical, likely to confuse a child and does not want DD to use them for non-verbal practice. She did not make any comments about the Bond VR papers but I see from earlier posts on other threads that these might not be recommended for Kent either!

I subsequently bought some AFN non-verbal papers which I am yet to get the tutor's reaction to but would be very interested in your comments on the Bond papers please.

We have been using NFER, Bond and IPS for Maths as I have assumed that the maths questions set do not fall into specific type categories and that any practice is good. I would be grateful for any opinions on this too!

Sorry to ramble a bit but at this stage I would really like to be clear where DD should be focusing her energy!

Many thanks.
alfie2

Post by alfie2 »

We are in Kent - near Maidstone.

My daughter is working her way, with a tutor, through the Bond books - we are on the 10/11+ level now having been through the 9/10 level first.

Have been advised not to go to the actual practice Nfer papers for a little while because there are only so many of them available.
Alfie
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now