What was your childs pass score?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

Hi wondering mum

I'm sure with scores of 420 your dd will have no problem getting the school she wants. Well done to her and all the best.
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

What a day. Certainly been a bumpy ride. DS passed. However i had always been suspicous that a HT appeal may be in progress as DS writing book had disappeared when no one elses had. I was right. DS actually failed his strongest subject NVR by one mark -113. Fortunately his NFER marks from previous years had been consistantly high (134+ from year 3, 4 and 5) and HT confirm that this and the writing piece had been taken into account.
He got 125 in maths and 134 in VR. So relieved its over.
So sorry for those who didnt quite get there. Thinking of you this afternoon.
orangebear4

Post by orangebear4 »

My DD did exceptionally well, scoring 420. I know this would probably get her into any Kent school that she wanted. However, she wants to go to Rochester Grammar, and sat the Medway test last Saturday. What I am not sure about is, should she do as well in the Medway test, would that automatically guarantee her a place, or does being 'out of area' go against her? :?:
sevenoaksmum

what was your childs pass score

Post by sevenoaksmum »

I know of 4 kids with 420 from our class of 31! Scarey stuff. I think something like 28 sat the test and have only heard of 2 fails so far. Don't know all the results in between. What was the lowest entry score for Skinners and Judd last year, does anyone know?
tired_dad_2008

Post by tired_dad_2008 »

Published cut-off mark for Judd last year (in fact this year - 2008) was 411 and for Skinners it was 404 (which was the highest ever for Skinners). However some kids with slightly lower scores got into each school from the waiting lists. The Judd head has stated that he believes that the cut-off will be slightly lower this year (ie. a lower score required). In the recent past, the Judd cut-off has varied between 403 and 414.

This is all according to the schools' own published information. Some more experienced parents here may have better inside knowledge.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

orangebear4 wrote:My DD did exceptionally well, scoring 420. I know this would probably get her into any Kent school that she wanted. However, she wants to go to Rochester Grammar, and sat the Medway test last Saturday. What I am not sure about is, should she do as well in the Medway test, would that automatically guarantee her a place, or does being 'out of area' go against her? :?:
Orangebear4 - as far as I am aware with Rochester Grammar for Girls, they take simply the higher scorers. There will be a cut off score for RGS so if your child scores very well you should be fine.
shuff

Post by shuff »

If anyone has spoken to Judd about their expected scoreline, can't imagine they would know any more than us, do let us know! The Judd head did say he was expecting the cut off to be "towards the lower end of previous cut off's".
bmxdad

Post by bmxdad »

417 :shock: - still in state of shock and hes not back from Pizza Hut yet so cant give him a hug!!!

Good luck to all whatever the result your kids gained
travelling man

Post by travelling man »

Does anyone know what TWGS cut off distance was for 2008 in the end? I think at the start their were some rumours of it being down to 2 miles but then I haven't heard this from a reliable source. It was 2.9 miles for 2007.

On the distribution of scores I hear a lot of high scores but I doubt if anyone other than KCC has the answers at present. The scores on this site are likely to be so skewed to the high end (in general) that we will only frighten ourselves!

Unless anyone has more aggregate information?
tired_dad_2008

Post by tired_dad_2008 »

shuff wrote:If anyone has spoken to Judd about their expected scoreline, can't imagine they would know any more than us, do let us know! The Judd head did say he was expecting the cut off to be "towards the lower end of previous cut off's".
The Head repeated the same thing to me today and made the point that it was impossible to say for certain what the cut off mark would be this year. He said that last year the successful candidates from the wait list included boys on scores as low as 409 (ie. 2 points below the official "cut off" mark).

None of us can know what the mark will be, although if you are under 400 then that's almost certainly too low and if you're over 415 then that's almost certainly enough...