Gravesend Grammar for Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dad2

Gravesend Grammar for Girls

Post by Dad2 »

Does anyone know what the cutoff for the admissions for Gravesend Grammar for Girls was this year? We're on the outshirts of Gravesham so were looking at there and Maidstone, however, due to problems with her moving schools at the time of the exams she got a lower score than expected (altough a pass non the less) which has prety much ruled out Maidstone.

I've phoned the office and they just directed me to the details on the admissions posted on there web page for the previously year?

The two local schools she was/and is at seemed to have bucked the trend on here as by daughter was the only girl to pass which 4 boys passed.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

As far as I'm aware Gravesend Grammar for Girls do not take on score, but their oversubscription criteria which is distance to school.
2stressed

Post by 2stressed »

Maidstone don't take on scores either so you should be ok
Dad2

Post by Dad2 »

According to the Gravesend Girld webpage the critiria first is:

Eligible girls who attend a maintained primary school in Gravesham and Swanscombe or one of the following: Bean CPS, Bronte School, Fawkham CEPS, Fawkham House Independent School, Gads Hill School, Hartley CPS, Knockhall CPS, Langafel CEPS, New Ash Green CJS, Our Lady of Hartley RCPS, St Joseph’s Convent School, Sedley’s CEPS, Steephill School. These places will be allocated in order of the highest aggregated score in the tests.

and I thought Maidstone Girls went on scores above 390 and then distance?
Kent99

Post by Kent99 »

That's Maidstone Grammar (MGS, the boys' school). MGGS go on distance.

Have you also considered Invicta Grammar School in Maidstone? Given that you are some way out you are not certain of getting into MGGS anyway. Sometimes MGGS is oversubscribed, sometimes it's Invicta.
Dad2

Post by Dad2 »

In the KCC admissions booklet ti states that first preference is to girls in the local cachment area wit scores over 390. Will obviosly need to confirm with the school?
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Maidstone Boys is the only GS in the town that uses score - apart from a test pass - as far as I know.
Kent99

Post by Kent99 »

Dad2
Are you sure you weren't accidently looking at the Maidstone Grammar School entry in the booklet? I have just checked the booklet online and can't see any reference in the Maidstone Girls' Grammar School entry to scores (which is on the previous page to the MGS entry).
Dad2

Post by Dad2 »

Yes, sorry Kent99 you are correct. A couple of people have said that to me quoting the admissions boklet so assumed it was correct. Have checked the book and as you say that isn't the case which may be handy :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now