cut off scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

travelling man

Reasons for lower scores

Post by travelling man »

As I understood it the logic behind the head of Judd's comment on lower scores was twofold: less time for syllabus coverage, which could particularly affect maths, and less mature boys versus girls, so potentially boys doing not so well. To some extent the standardisation will solve the first point, though not the second.

The feedback on this forum suggests a lot of high scores but that is probably a self selecting sample. We shall see!

People do still seem confused about the use of the four places on the form in Kent but there are plenty of clear explanations about (including one I heard from the head of Judd). I think it just takes time for that to be really understood by everyone and the natural assumption would be that it does matter (as it did until 2? years ago). As you've said in this thread it's just 4 schools in your real preference order, the schools are not supposed to know the order you put them in and the only time that order matters is when DC qualifies for more than one school.