Maths practice

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

As moderator of the Maths section may I suggest you post in the English section for more advice otherwise it can get confusing!
sj355

Post by sj355 »

Guest55 wrote:As moderator of the Maths section may I suggest you post in the English section for more advice otherwise it can get confusing!
DONE!
sj355
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi

There is an 11+ Maths CD available as a hard copy or as a download from the site. The content was written by The Tutors and formatted by ElevenPlusExams.co.uk.

The CD contains 900 questions that are based on the content of the NFER practice papers and broken down into 18 categories, giving 50 question for each category. The questions get progressively more difficult.

There are also 500 bonus questions for practicing a range of mental arithmetic and algebra skills.

There is a free download available for you to try.

The advantages of using the CD for preparation over written papers are:

The questions are categorized so that areas of difficulty can be easily identified.

The questions are automatically marked giving a pecentage score for each set of questions and completion times. This helps improve speed and accuracy.

The questions can be completed as often as required and progress charts are available to view improvements in accuracy and timing.

The download is available at an introductory price of 19.95 and you can be working on it, with a standard broadband, connection within a few minutes.

Regards

Mike
najma2

Re: Maths practice

Post by najma2 »

Anonymous wrote:Hi

I'd be very interested in your opinions and what you are currently doing as far as maths practice goes.

We started off by going through all the Maths topics for the 11+ and SATS from April-May this year.

To practice for his SATS we got him to use a program (my husband wrote) every day once he was familiar with all the topics. This got him a level 5 at the end of year 5.

For 11+ we are asking him to use this program every day to keep the current skills going and also giving him some harder writen maths questions once we have gone over the topics. Every week we give him a 50 minute 11+ Maths test.

The main problem is that we are finding we are spending at least an hour a night preparing maths papers for him as we have already used all the papers/11+ Maths books available.

Have any of you found there is only a limited amount of maths papers available?

Thanks

F
:o :lol: