maths prep suggestion needed!

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
beenish

maths prep suggestion needed!

Post by beenish »

my daughter is 9.5, will appear this year september for altrincham grammar. she will be the youngest. will go 10 n appear for 11 plus. suggestions i need for her. she is almost done with bond assessments papers 11-12 years . should she go for 12-13 years series as well? i have schofield mental arithmetic as well as cgp workbook(which has topic wise practice questions). wat else should i do for maths practice. letts or gl or pjw or first past the post. she did one of the assessments papers of last year n she got 71% .how is this performance. teacher in school said she is working at level 5. really confuse what to do next.
Daogroupie

Re: maths prep suggestion needed!

Post by Daogroupie »

It will depend on the format of the maths exam your dd will be sitting. What do you know about the exam? I would use IPS, Athey,Alpha. Learning Together and KS2 Maths papers. Variety is the key, if you keep using the same format she may not recognise a question asked in a slightly different way. DG
yoyo123

Re: maths prep suggestion needed!

Post by yoyo123 »

details of appropriate materials for Altrincham Girls are given here

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... rd-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now